e i g h t e e n

Bucky walked to his room, still trapped in y/n's body. Bucky walked into his room and glanced at the mirror. Y/n stared back at him.

She's so beautiful, he thought.

He hopped into bed without changing clothes, just thinking about their situation.

When did she stop hating him? He definitely didn't miss it, but it sort of happened suddenly. There was the phase where she hated his guts and argued with him about everything, but that slowly faded away. Then she was careful around him, but not aggressive. And then... they became friends.

But he still wanted more.

He scrubbed his face and rolled over. Why the hell did he want more? Why the hell did he feel drawn to her? Why the hell did he feel like he needed her?

He hated it and loved it at the same time.

I shook my head, coming back to the present. I looked to Bucky and feelings began to swirl inside of me.

I didn't like it.

I shouldn't have been feeling those feeling for him. I scowled at him and stood up.

"Well, now that's done, I'm going to go to bed," I said.

I stalked past the other Avengers. I left the room and was halfway down the hall when a hand grabbed my wrist and I turned around to face Bucky.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Let go of me," I growled.

"I'm not letting go until you tell me what's wrong," Bucky said. "And don't try lying to me."

He looked at me with concern and slight hurt in his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that," I said.

"Like what?" he asked, his grip loosening.

"Like you care," I hissed, breaking free from his grasp.

"I do care," he said.

"No, you don't!" I yelled. "You're not supposed to!"

"Then what am I supposed to do?" he asked, crestfallen.

"We're supposed to hate each other," I seethed.

Seeing him hurt made me feel bad, and I hated it. I was falling for the man who had tortured me and killed my parents. I was so angry at him and myself.

"But... I thought we were... friends," he said slowly.

"Well, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression," I said.

I walked away, but his voice stopped me again.

"You have my memories, don't you?"

I turned around to face him. I had walked only a few stepped, but it felt like there was a ravine between us.

"I know, because I have yours," he said. "The ones from when we switched."

I stood still, not moving.

"You don't hate me," he said, taking a step closer to me.

I kept my mouth shut, knowing it was the truth. I didn't hate him. I was mad at myself, for falling for him.

Bucky took another step closer to me, and the another, until he was standing right in front of me.

"You can't keep it all inside. Bottling it up won't do you any good," he said.

I didn't say anything, instead looking away.

"Why are you angry?" Bucky asked.

"Because I have feelings for you," I whispered.

Bucky froze.

"I hated you," I said. "I hated you for so long, and it was so hard to let go of that hate. And then when we became friends... I found myself liking it. Liking being your friend, hanging around with you. And – and I'm scared. Scared of what – what it all means."

I looked down at the ground. Once I'd let it out, I began to feel better, slightly. A hand rested on my chin and tilted my face upwards. I looked into Bucky's eyes. He ran his thumb over my lips. He leaned in slightly, and I leaned up to meet him, but he stopped.

"Kiss me," I whispered hoarsely.

"Are you sure?" he murmured.

"Please," I breathed.

He leaned in the rest of the way and our lips met. I slid my hands up his arms until they rested around his neck. He kissed me passionately, like all of the feelings we had bottled up were finally flowing out. He pulled away.

"Told you so," Bucky said, smirking.

"Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Make me," he said.

I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him in for another kiss. His lips moved over mine and I sighed into his mouth. We pulled away once more.

"You know, I'm proud of you," Bucky said.

I lifted an eyebrow at him.

"You are extremely powerful. No wonder you used to have trouble with skin-to-skin contact," he explained.

I blushed but was happy at the praise. Bucky leaned down and pecked me on the lips.

"What's going on?"

I whirled around to see the team standing in the hallway.

"Uh..."

I glanced up to Bucky. My arms were still around his neck and his arms were around my waist.

"I told you that you liked him," Nat said.

I twisted out of Bucky's grip and pointed a finger at Natasha.

"Nuh uh. None of that, thanks," I said, glaring at her.

"So... are you two... together?" Steve asked.

I looked to Bucky.

What do you think? I asked him telepathically. Think you can deal with me being your girlfriend?

Bucky chuckled.

Of course, he said back.

I smiled at him and then turned back to Steve.

"Yeah," I said. "We are."

Steve smiled at the two of us and Clint hollered.

"Caw caw motherfuckers I win!" he yelled.

I cocked my head at him while the others sighed. They all began handing him money.

"You were betting on us?" I asked incredulously.

Everyone froze and turned to look at me.

"Yep," Clint said, completely oblivious to the glare I was sending his way. "I told everyone that it was gonna be enemies to lovers over a time period of four months."

I glared at him for a moment longer before laughing.

"Well, this has been an exciting day, but I'm gonna go take a nap," I said, yawning.

I waved goodbye to everyone and made my way up to my room. My lips were still tingling with the feel of Bucky's lips against mine. I allowed myself a small smile.

I got into bed and fell asleep almost instantly, my thought filled with the super soldier.