e l e v e n

"So, since you technically helped us on a level five mission, you technically can be an Avenger now," Tony said.

I looked up from the book I was reading. It was The Hobbit, something that Sam had recommended for me.

"Really?" I asked.

Tony nodded.

"That means we'll have to have a press conference, and then we can have a party!" he said happily.

"Party?" I asked warily.

"Don't worry," Natasha said. "We can make it mandatory to wear gloves, if it makes you feel better."

I smiled a bit.

"I think I'll be okay," I said.

"So, press conference," Steve said. "They're going to ask you a few questions. We'll be there with you, and if you need help just let us know."

"Yeah, you can use your awesome mind tricks," Sam said.

I smiled at the team.

"Okay, so when are we doing this?"

"Tomorrow," Tony said.

"You can organise a press conference and a party in less than a day?" I asked incredulously.

"Of course," he scoffed. "Who do you think I am? Steve?"

"Hey! That was uncalled for," Steve grumbled.

Tony just shrugged.

"Guess that means dress shopping," Wanda said happily. "Let's go!"

"I – I have dresses," I said. "We bought them together. Remember?"

"This is your first press conference and party," Wanda said sternly. "You need a fabulous dress, one that'll leave a great impression!"

Natasha nodded, as did Clint and Tony.

"Okay," I sighed.

Nat and Wanda smiled.

"Let's go, then," Natasha said.

"Be careful, you three," Steve said.

I looked to him to see he was looking at Natasha.

"What, you think we can't take care of ourselves?" Nat asked playfully.

Steve rolled his eyes.

"You know I just care about you," he said, smiling.

Natasha smirked at him and we walked into the elevator.

"When are you going to ask him out?" Wanda asked once the elevator had started moving.

Natasha chuckled and shook her head.

"If he liked me, he would have asked me already," she said.

"I don't know," I said. "He's kind of a wuss when it comes to that stuff. Besides, I don't need to be a mind reader to know that he likes you."

Natasha shook her head again, but I could see her smiling. Wanda, Nat, and I walked to the garage and took one of Tony's silver sports cars. We got to the mall and walked around, looking for some nice dresses.

Wanda found a red off-the-shoulder dress with a slit up the side. It looked amazing on her. Natasha found a lovely black, floor length dress. It had a slit in the side and flared out at the waist.

Next, it was my turn. Natasha actually found the dress. It was long sleeved and floor length. It had a deep v-neckline and flared out at the waist. We even found some gloves to go with it.