Chapter 25- Nianna

Start from the beginning

There was five seconds left, sweat began forming on my forehead as I held my breath and I was sure Anna was doing the same.

Please get in, please get in, please get in.

I closed my eyes not even bearing to look at the game anymore, all I had to do was to hear the sound of that "swoosh" for me to open my eyes quickly.

************

*Anna's POV*

We were granted the gift of speech , we can manipulate words, phrases. A simple word can start a war , simple words like "I Do" can mark the beginning of a life together or words like "I hate you" can make people depressed for ever.

A simple word like "Guilty" can turn someone's world upside down and a simple word like "Innocent" can make someone relieved and on top of the world as it can grant them their freedom.

No one can deny that words are used to describe emotions and feelings. One should use these words carefully for he never knows how one word can affect someone's life. We use different words "Love", "Hate", "Birth" and many more and each word has a different meaning to it. Each word is a translation of what we truly feel and of who we truly are. Socrates once said to a guy who was always silent "Speak so I would see you."

In spite of all that, sometimes even words can't describe how we feel, sometimes words fail to translate who we truly are so we remain silent.

Silence. That gesture that says a lot. Taylor Swift was right when she said "I've never heard silence quite this loud". She was right, sometimes silence can say a thousand words.

Sometimes we're in awe, we can't describe our feelings. One word isn't just enough so we stay quiet. We are afraid that even words can't do the situation right so we choose to remain silent hoping that maybe our silence will deliver what words had failed to.

That was exactly what was happening now.

Silence filled the stadium as I watched the ball get in that basket marking our win.

Everyone was in awe, even I. I didn't know what to do or even say. I was speechless, emotionless and not just me. Everyone else was.

Soon, cheers erupted from the whole stadium and I gained my ability to phrase things again.

"Is this a dream?" I asked myself out loud and I got my answer instantly as I felt someone throwing themselves upon my back.

I turned to face my best friend who was grinning at me. Without hesitation, I hugged her tightly enjoying this moment wishing it would never end.

I felt people patting my back, ruffling my hair, congratulating me but all I cared about was my best friend.

"I told you we could do it." she whispered to me happily. I nodded in agreement as we pulled back and she beamed at me.

"Congratulations, girls" coach yelled from his spot next to us while he was surrounded by millions of reporters and photographers.

Jacqueline disappeared to talk to a reporter while I was left alone. I felt eyes burning at the side of my head and I turned to see a blond boy looking at me intensely.

He approached me slowly and I didn't step back. He wrapped his arms around me gingerly and I found myself automatically doing the same.

"Max, I-"

"Sshhh... It's okay." he cooed in my ear. "You have already chosen" he pulled back , sorrow written all over his face.

"I'm so sorry." I tried to apologize but he just shook his head.