Desert Havoc!//Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

"Ohhh.." Nami nodded in understanding, "So do you have any other family members?"

"Well our Dad is still alive. Mother isn't, but she said her brother did have children so we have some more cousins somewhere." Corbett was listing off people he tried to remember.

"We have a DAD!?" Faythe spoke up, surprised.

"Yep." Corbett popped the 'p'.

"Is he a well known pirate like you?" Nami questioned.

"Hmmmm, I think most of you have heard of him a couple of times."

"That well known, huh?" Zoro spoke out.

"Wow, your family is kind of scary is you think about it." Usopp muttered.

"We also have a Grandpa. He likes to spoil me a lot when I visit him."

"Is he from our Dad or Mom's side?" Faythe leaned forward.

"Hmmm he's not really related by blood, but he did claim and raise our mom like a daughter of his own."

"Is it me, or does it seem like you have a lot more family that your not speaking about." Nami narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, your right. But that'll take forever if I go into that, so I pointed out the closest." Corbett shrugged and picked up Faythe's bag.

/;/~***~/;/

"Hey Sanji, let's open up that special 'Pirate Lunchbox' now!" Luffy grinned.

"No. Not until Vivi says ok."

"Vivi, let's have lunch already. I don't have any strength..."

"I'm sorry Luffy, but we're only a quarter of the way to Yuba right now." Vivi reasoned, looking over at the crew's captain.

"Well that's a stupid reason. Haven't you ever heard of the proverb, 'Eat when the stomach growls'." Luffy said sternly, like it was a real thing.

"Hey, don't just make up stuff now." Usopp karate chopped his hand towards Luffy in a tired motion.

"Wait, Luffy, you know what a proverb is?" Faythe perked up from her spot next to Nami.

"Is the heat making his brain smarter??" Nami said out loud in wonder.

"MAYBE???" Faythe was now looking up at the hazy looking sky for an answer.

"You guys are hilarious." Corbett choked down a fit of giggles.

"Alright, how does a break at the next rock we walk by sound?" Vivi called out with a faint smile as she watched the group interact.

"Woohoo! To a rock we go!" Luffy shouted happily.

"Rock? Where are you, rock...?" Usopp began calling out in desperation.

/;/~***~/;/

"So heavy..." Luffy was lagging behind the group, carrying, and dragging everyone's belongings, "Heavy... and hot..."

"Hey, it's not our fault, you lost at rock-paper-scissors and have to carry our stuff." Sanji faced Luffy, walking backwards as he shrugged the whole thing off.

"Make sure not to drop our bags!" Nami called out, before facing forward.

"Ughh..." Luffy's only reply was a tired groan.

"The thing that's been bothering me is how does paper beat rock?" Faythe curiously stated out, "Paper literally does nothing to rock!"

"Hmmm, let's say paper could blind the rock in a fight..? But wait.. Rock don't have eyes.. So how does.." Now Corbett was getting lost in this question.