Desert Havoc!//Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

"Oh no.." She muttered, knowing full well what he was gonna do.

"Water..." Luffy pulled out the straw.

"Remember, Luffy. One gulp. Just enough to moisten your throat." Nami warned.

"Right..." He nodded before taking the biggest sip in history. Using his gum gum fruit's stretch to expand his cheeks out to carry even ore water.

"THATS WAY TOO MUCH!" Both Usopp and Nami wacked him in the head for his stupidity.

"Give ME some water! You just has like 13 gulps!" Usopp shouted desperately.

"No, you had your turn before him! It's my turn to drink next!" Sanji pointed his finger accusingly at Usopp.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR! I SPAT OUT THE WATER 'CAUSE OF YOU SO IT DOESN'T COUNT!" Luffy complained out, getting into a fight with Usopp and Sanji.

"DOESN'T COUNT, MY ASS!" Sanji shouted angrily.

"PLEASE STOP FIGHTING! YOU'LL ONLY TIRE YOURSELVES OUT EVEN MORE!" Vivi warned in panic.

Zoro stood beside Faythe watching the whole thing. Corbett only whistled as he draped his jacket over his sister's shoulders. He turned to Zoro for a second, narrowing his eyes. Zoro just stared back with crossed arms.

"Hold these." Corbett held his swords out to the swordsmen.

"Sure." Zoro didn't complain whatsoever and held the over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Faythe said blankly, watching his every step.

"Stopping the fight, what else?" Corbett smiled back and shrugged. He raised his hand like last time, and pointed down with his pointer finger.

The three boys instantly dropped to the ground, looking as if some kind of building was pinning them down. Corbett walked over to them casually and crouched down to her captain's level. Sanji and Usopp were just in a moment of shock. Luffy tilted his head towards Corbett with a sharp stare.

"Let's not fight, okay? Besides I don't even think we're half way there." Corbett flicked his straw hat with a grin on his face.

"Okay..." Luffy said slowly before getting up hesitantly.

After the whole situation was settled, the crew watched the man walk back to Zoro to reclaim his swords. Usopp sat up crisscrossed, looking a bit frightened.

"Nami..! Did you see that fruit power..!? It's another monster! Another one I tell ya!" Usopp whisper shouted to his fellow scared friend.

"I know! He already showed me his bounty, and it's way higher than that Crocodile's bounty!" She said hurriedly.

"WHATTTTTT!?" Usopp suddenly shouted out.

"Quiet down over there!" Zoro yelled back.

Sanji was sitting near them as he lit his cigar, "That devil fruit.. Gravi-Gravi is something not to be trifled with.." He eyed the man as he walked back towards his sister, smiling like a fool.

"Hey Corbett." Nami was already walking beside him.

"Hm? Wanting to know more about me already?" He slowed down his pace for her.

"Do you and Faythe have any other family members other than Ace and Luffy?"

"First thing is, Luffy isn't part of our family." Corbett wagged his finger in the air.

"Eh? But isn't he Ace's brother, who is your cousin?" Nami tilted her head.

"Ace told me that he and Luffy shared a drink and became brothers, we aren't related by blood." Corbett corrected.