Chapter 2: Welcome to Luminosa

Start from the beginning

...

Sona wanted to scream. There was so much tension in the ballroom, her hands were beginning to shake. The people of Eis were in a corner, a corner that the light realms were avoiding.

"So, who's going to be the first to talk to them?" Lina asked the group of noble children. "Because I don't want it to be me."

"Just give it a moment." Renjun sighed, picking at his fingernails.

"A moment?"

Renjun nodded. "We don't have to do anything. Just wait for the others."

The others?

Sure enough, the doors opened as another family walked in, and Sona and the others had to look away in embarrassment.

"What is Chenle wearing?" Lina muttered under her breath. "Why is the only presentable one Jiyeong?"

"I think Winwin's mask is nice." Jingwen whispered,

"That's because you're dating." Renjun hissed back.

Sona watched as the people of Dealain casually strolled into the castle, as if it was their own home. Honestly, Sona wasn't the least bit surprised, knowing how friendly and outgoing their people were. Out of all the dark realms, they would probably be the first to interact with the light realms.

The King seemed just as surprised as the rest of them, but still greeted the Zhong Family with a big smile. President Zhong, Chenle's father, kindly shook the King's hand, the families exchanging a few words.

"Choi Lina!" Chenle called out, making heads turn as he approached the group of nobles from Eis. "Are you just going to stand there or acknowledge me?"

"Someone save me." Lina whispered to her friends before heading off to where Chenle was, already making a loud commotion."

"Did no one ever teach him ball etiquette?" Renjun asked. Sona shrugged her shoulders, happy that someone was finally breaking the tension.

"Apparently not." The sound of Jiyeong's voice made Renjun jump, and Sona watched as the two began chatting, catching up with one another.

"How have you all been doing?" Winwin asked as he slipped his arm around Jingwen's waist. "Were you waiting long?"

"Nope, just waiting for the party to arrive." Jingwen said, leaning into Winwin's body. Sona looked away, not wanting to interrupt the couple's moment.

"Sona, don't look so sad." Renjun called out, motioning to the doors. "Feu and Ombra are here."

...

"You're not wearing your ring." Jaehyun pointed out. Grace didn't even bother looking down at his hand, knowing the male well enough.

"You're not either."

That kept Jaehyun quiet, the two of them looking away. The engaged couple were seated in their own carriage, separated from both their families.

Grace honestly wished she could have stayed with her own family, knowing that her and Mark would be making terrible jokes as their parents cringed. Instead, she was stuck with the man she didn't love, neither of them wanting to engage in conversation with one another.

"It's bright." Grace said, sick and tired of the silence. It was like a dark storm cloud was over their heads, despite the fact that they were in the realm of light.

"Feu is also bright." Jaehyun said, arms crossed. "You should come more often. Considering the fact you're going to rule that place one day."

Grace clenched her hands in fists, trying not to give Jaehyun a piece of her mind. Just breathe. It'll be fine. He's just in a bad mood.

Grace stole a glance at the male beside her, who was staring out the window, the light seeping through the carriage. She naturally moved away, staying in the shadows.

Who are you kidding? He's always in a bad mood.

The carriage suddenly came to a halt and both of them naturally grabbed the edge of the seat to steady themselves. Their fingers brushed and they instantly glared at each other before turning away.

Someone get me out of this marriage. Please. I'm begging you.

The door opened and Jaehyun got out first, thanking the guard. Jaehyun extended his hand out to help her, his frown gone from his face.

I see that the acting has begun.

Grace gave him a small smile as he took his hand, stepping out of the carriage. She took Jaehyun's arm, thanking the guard before heading into the castle, following Jaehyun's parents.

"Can you loosen your grip, I'm losing circulation." Jaehyun hissed as they made their way up the steps.

"I can but then my chances of falling and making a fool out of both of us increases." Grace replied. She gripped his arm tighter, satisfied when Jaehyun began gritting his teeth. "Let's not do that today, my lovely fiancé."

"I hate you." Jaehyun mumbled as they arrived at the castle doors.

"The feeling is mutual."

The inside of Luminosa's castle was as bad as Grace expected it to be, the girl wincing and adjusting her mask to block the light a little better. She already wanted to leave and she had yet to step foot into the ballroom.

Jaehyun told the announcer their titles, and she tried not to roll her eyes as they were said out loud. "Jeong Jaehyun, the incoming General of Feu and his fiancée, Grace Lee, Princess of Ombra."

"Was the fiancé part necessary?" Grace asked as they approached the Luminosa Royal Family.

"Considering the fact that both our parents are listening, yes." Jaehyun replied.

Grace decided not to fight anymore, the two of them close enough to Luminosa royals for them to hear them bickering. She greeted them along with Jaehyun, Jaehyun starting a conversation with the King.

"Congratulations on your engagement." The Crown Prince, Taeyong, told her. Grace noticed his eyes move towards her hand that was holding Jaehyun's arm and quickly placed her other hand on top, hiding the fact that she wasn't wearing her ring. She noticed Jaehyun tuck his other arm behind his back, having heard Taeyong's words.

Grace heard the rest of her family be introduced by the announcer, signalling that their time with the royal family was done.

"Please, enjoy the rest of your night." The King said before sending them off.

Maybe I should marry into Luminosa instead. The people here seem much nicer.

"Okay, are we done?" Jaehyun asked, once they were in the crowded ballroom.

"Done?" Jaehyun nodded, plucking her hand from his arm. Grace scoffed, finding his actions unbelievable. "Are you just going to drop me off and leave?"

Haechan came over and the two males turned around, quickly exchanging their masks. With his new mask, Jaehyun smirked, giving Grace a pat on the shoulder as he walked past her.

"Enjoy the rest of your night, fiancée."

———————————————————————————Hehehehehe

Hehehehehe

Jaehyun makes me laugh