➶ 1 ➶

a soft lullaby made jeno squirm in his sleep.

he felt like it was way too early for him to open his eyes, but the heavenly sound of the guitar playing next to him was begging him to open his eyes and just stare at the god that was playing it.

when the boy playing the guitar started singing softly, jeno knew he had to forget about falling asleep again.

jeno's eyes fluttered open, his lips curving up immediately at the sight he was offered first thing in the morning.

the one and only mark lee was sitting on his desk chair, a bright smile on his face, and a guitar plopped on his lap as his fingers caressed the strings softly.

the sound of the instrument added to mark's singing voice was enough to make jeno's heart flutter in his chest.

this was a sight he often woke up to, and he never seemed to get tired of it.

mark stopped singing after a while, and he placed his guitar on the floor before walking to the bed and sitting on its edge.

"good morning, sleepy head." he said, allowing his right hand to entangle with jeno's dyed blonde hair.

"morning..." jeno mumbled sleepily.

the youngest of the two pulled mark's hand from his hair and approached the inside of his wrist from his lips, kissing it lightly, right where his name was tattooed onto mark's skin for eternity.

mark felt butterflies erupt in his stomach at this simple action.

he leaned forwards, allowing his lips to meet with jeno's in a chaste kiss.

on his 19th birthday, two names had engraved on mark's wrists, just like it happened for everyone else.

on the inside of his right wrist, the name of one of his dearest friends, jeno.

on the inside of his left wrist, the name of someone he had never heard about, donghyuck.

at that time, mark was certain that jeno had to be his soulmate and that donghyuck would be his enemy.

and effectively, his thoughts got confirmed the day jeno turned 19. two names inked on his skin as well: mark's on his left one, and donghyuck's on his right one.

both mark and jeno were the happiest persons on earth when they realised that both of them had each other's tattoos.

this could only mean that they were soulmates. they loved each other too much not to be.

at first, they were both weirded out by the other name that was engraved on their skin.

donghyuck.

none of them knew anyone name like this.

and the fact that they both had the same name engraved was a bit creepy.

who could this boy be? and how could he be both mark's and jeno's enemy?

would he try to spread them apart?

would he try making them hate each other?

would he try stealing one of them?

they had no clue, but it didn't seem to matter, because neither mark nor jeno knew who that boy could be.

so, they just kept going on with their life, ignoring this boy's name that they both had tattooed on their wrist.

mark asked jeno out a few days after jeno's 19th birthday.

the younger boy didn't hesitate to say yes.

mark and him had been so close since forever.

it was as if they knew they were going to be soulmates even before mark getting his tattoos.

they were so close, so intimate...

it was as if they shared the same heart.

since mark's proposal, jeno and him had been boyfriends.

they were glued by the hip, never leaving each other's side.

their love was beautifully innocent, and pure.

they were feeling good with each other.

and nobody could change that.

well...

it seemed like it at first.

but everything changed when jeno barged on mark's door with tears in his eyes after a long day of school.

everything changed when he announced the arrival of a new student in the middle of the school year.

a new student that came from jeju island.

and whose name was lee donghyuck.

lee donghyuck was sitting crossed-legs, leaning against the shelves of the school's library.

he had a book in his hands, and his eyes were running through the lines of beautifully written text.

the boy stopped reading every now and then to squeal or sigh because of the characters' actions.

when he finished reading his chapter, donghyuck placed the book closed on his lap and rolled up his sleeves to make his two wrists visible.

he looked at the tanned and unmarked skin and caressed it lightly.

he was turning 19 in a few days, and he couldn't bear waiting anymore.

he wanted his tattoos.

he wanted his soulmate.

donghyuck had always been fascinated by the principle of soulmates.

he spent all his free afternoons in the school's library, reading the different novels and history books about soulmates.

he too hoped that his story could be as cute and fascinating as the books he read.

but he still had to wait.

three days.

three little days more, and he'll know the name of his enemy.

and more importantly, the name of his soulmate.