[chapter 2]

Hey everyone! Look, I'm sorry these chapters keep being so short, I just keep completely blanking on it. I know, I suck. But this still counts as an update, right?

I don't know what I am talking about.

Sooooo tired.

Enjooy my fellow Wattpadians!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed, craning my neck to see who else was in the humid back-room. I was finally being sold. I wasn’t sure who was up right then, but whoever it was, they wanted her pretty badly.

“Five hundred!”

“Six!”

“Seven!”

I sighed and leaned back, focusing on my breathing. I tried to force the bidding into the background, to focus on everything around me, from the feel of hot, thick air to the sounds of dozens of 15-year-old girls (and boys, but mostly girls) breathing in and out. For some reason, this had always helped calm me down when I got scared or stressed about someth-

“One thousand.”

I was snapped out of my trance at the sound of the deep voice. It was rich, but calm, and all the while demanded obedience…

“Going once, going twice, sold for 1,000! And next up, we have a slave girl named Violet!”

I blinked a couple of times as I was thrust out into the bright lights, staring out across the huge crowd. Then I realized I should probably be listening to my own auctioneer.

“-5.7, has beautiful raven hair and bright blue eyes, and is one of the schools’ freshest and best cadets!”

I glanced at the man from behind my hair. I don’t like him. His smile too wide, his face too scarred, his eyes too crazy for me to ever trust him.

“Can I hear 150?”

Mummers fluttered through the crowd, and even I let out a little sound. 150? Was he crazy? I wasn’t worth that much by the end of the bid, much less the beginning.

“175.” I heard the same rich voice from before say. I perked up. Maybe, just maybe, he would be the only one crazy enough to buy me. After all, he didn’t sound as bad.

“200.”

My heart sank.

“250.”

“300.”

“3- Wait, what the heck am I doing? Go ahead, take her. She’s not worth that much anyway.”

“Going once, going twice, sold for 300.”

My heart sank with the gavel.

Nothing to do now but wait. And hope.