6• |Timeless entrants|

Start from the beginning

"I'll finalize everything and let you know." Manik said to which Sameer nodded in response.

"How was your breakfast date?" Sameer questioned while arching a brow at his friend.

"I've told you a hundred times, that it wasn't a date. She was a close friend before I left the city. We lost touch in these five years and I had breakfast with her to catch up." Manik replied annoyingly. Why did Sameer have to put these ideas back into his head? It had been a hard couple of months as it is, with shifting to another place, starting a business from scratch and breaking up with a long-term girlfriend.

Seeing Nandini again, had brought up so many emotions that he had buried deep inside his heart before leaving this place and all the people, behind. He did not want to scratch the surface of what were only healed wounds. All that he wanted was to connect with everyone and especially with Nandini to an extent that they could go back to being the best friends that they were. That was it. He didn't want more or less.

"Relax, man." Sameer said funnily. Manik's defensiveness gave away everything but he was entitled to believe whatever he wants so Sameer couldn't do anything about it.

"Forget it. I wanted to ask you that if you want to go out to dinner, tonight. Nandini managed to get the entire gang to come. Do you want to tag along?" Manik asked Sameer what he had been meaning to ask him ever since Nandini confirmed their plans. He had no idea why he was asking Sameer to tag along because Sameer knew none of his friends.

"I am free but don't you think it'll get awkward since you all go way back and I'm going to be the intruder guy?" Sameer quizzed, rhetorically.

"No, it won't be like that. Nandini is bringing her roommate as well so you wouldn't be the only one who wasn't a part of the gang back then. Besides, all of them are very welcoming. You'd blend in, just fine." Manik reassured but he himself wasn't sure if it was the case. It had been a very long time since all of them were even in the same room and he didn't know if they were still that old group of friends who created an open space for everyone around them or had things changed for good.

"I'll come then..." Sameer confirmed. Manik smiled in gratitude for accepting to tag along. He was now sure that he would not feel that lonely even if things had changed between his old group of friends.

-----

Nandini and Jeanette settled themselves on the chairs after exchanging greetings with everyone who had arrived on time

Nandini and Jeanette settled themselves on the chairs after exchanging greetings with everyone who had arrived on time. Jeanette was always a late-comer and since Nandini had to come with her, she was late too. Nandini, in general, was a very punctual person but being roommates with Jeanette had its pros and cons. It wasn't that big a deal so Nandini never cared to make an issue about it as well.

Coming to the gang; Cabir and his heavily pregnant wife, Navya had reached the venue, way before time, given how overly excited Navya was about meeting everyone again. She was obviously hormonal and hence Cabir was outright terrified to even try and convince her otherwise. Dhruv, Abhimanyu and Mukti had come together as they live just a couple of blocks away. Dhruv was determined to have a bunch of drinks so motorcycle was a bad idea and thus he asked Abhimanyu to give him a ride back and forth. Randhir hadn't arrived yet and since he hadn't given his confirmation of coming earlier, they weren't exactly expecting him. Dhruv and Nandini had managed to keep the secret of Manik's advent.