Chapter One

Chapter One

Part One

Cassidy

Captivity

The dank courtroom was crafted entirely from mahogany wood, the judge’s stern face scowled down at the girl from behind her large mahogany desk, her hand inched menacingly towards her gavel as my trial progressed. The girl had tuned out the voices that decided her fate. She didn’t really care, so long as she never went back there - where she had come from, the dank hell hole she had come from.

“Cassidy Blake is sentenced to a year at Addlestone’s Academy For Dysfunctional Teens; we will reopen this case at the end of the academic year. Court is adjourned.”

That didn’t sound bad to Cassie, it sounded like they were letting her off easy. She let my lips form a thin smile, this would be easy and anything was better than going back there, she thought.

Part Two Loraine Here Once More

“Stop tapping your bloody foot, Loraine!” Yelled the rather large, brooding, crimson-faced man sat next to Loraine, or as some would prefer, Loraine’s father. Fat, sluggish beads of sweat trickled their way down his prominent, rounded forehead. She glanced over at him in mild disgust and ceased the tapping of her foot for fear of his head exploding. But there were no other imminent death threats due to the incredibly slow pace her father’s car was stuttering along at. 

“Back...” She whispered to herself.

“What was that?!” Her father yelled, panicking.

“Nothing! Why can’t you just leave me the hell alone?!” She burst out, a tear threatening to trickle down her pale cheek.

“Watch your langu-” He was about to criticise his daughter for her language when he recalled her condition. Her bi-polar disorder had put a great strain on her family since it had worsened a few months after her return from Addlestone’s Academy For Dysfunctional Teenagers a year ago. He sighed, where had they gone wrong? She was doing so well. No one at home could calm her extreme rages or bouts of depression any more. It was all getting far too out of hand. So here she was, once more, returning to Addlestone’s Academy For Dysfunctional Teenagers. 

“Here we are,” He stated, not sure how to respond to Loraine’s outburst. “How does it feel to be back?”

Freakin’ peachy, dad. How do you think?! 

He led his daughter to the reception area and walked towards the front desk, "So, Lori..." When he heard no sarcastic response he knew something was not as it had been mere seconds ago.

“Lori? Lori?! Loraine?!” He swivelled around to see his daughter punching a bright white wall with tears in her eyes.

A hooded teen scuffed his shoes on the gravel as he walked until he saw an oh-so-familiar head of brown hair.

“Lori?!” Ah, the only voice she wanted to hear at a time like this.

“D-d-ax...?” She mumbled through her tears.

“Shh... Shhhhh, it’s okay,” he soothed as he hugged her from behind and soon Lori was soothed, much to the evident shock of her father.

“Hey, Dax,” she smiled up at him.

“Just as feisty as always, huh?” He commented, more than questioned whilst smirking his signature smirk.

“Shut up, Dax,” She mumbled.

Dax let go of her fragile figure and turned to face her father,

“Sup sir? I’m Daxon, Lore and I were good, um, friends before she left.”

Lori’s dad nodded at Dax, before placing Lori’s things on the step, getting in his car and driving off.

“I can really feel the love between you and your dad.” Dax said, sliding down the banister as he and Lori headed back outside after bringing her bags up. The other bed was empty and Dax didn’t know who her roommate would be.

“Tell me about it,” Lori shrugged, picking a flower off a bush and chucking it on the ground, “So what have you been up to since I left?”

"Well, normally I would lie shamefully, saying that I nearly got all of the teacher's killed, but there are some new people around who are nice and stuff, and I've stopped needing my anti-depressants, so it's going good." He smiled, a smile full of relief, that nearly wiped away the hurt she had caused him - nearly.