Premonition or Dream?

Start from the beginning

"As true as that is, ouch!" He took his bottle of 'Fanta' and tipped it upside down, watching the bubbles float to the top. "She's broken up with her fiancé. He's from New York, apparently since she's been over here he moved on quite quickly." His focus was on the fizz of his drink, unable to bring his eyes to meet Marinette.

"Is she going to give you a chance?" Marinette asked, hope filling her eyes, and her heart.

"At the moment, she wants to build a friendship. She's heartbroken from the split, I think it gave her a kick as he'd found his soulmate, it kind of pushed her to expand things with me. He'd found his soulmate at the airport after dropping her off. Apparently, she went to ask him directions or something and they saw each other's mark. She didn't find out until last week. Then it took her a couple of days until she mentioned it to me."

Luka looked in the depths of Marinette's eyes, and she could see the hope for him. As always, Marinette wanted her friends happy. She wanted him to be happy.

"Ouch! Bad luck there, but I'm happy for you." Marinette smiled at his friend. "Does she know about us?"

Luka nodded.

"Of course. I couldn't keep her in the dark about it. I told you, I'll always be honest and tell the truth, I couldn't lie to either of you, Marinette."

Marinette scoffed thinking about a blonde haired boy who didn't fit that description. It had been three days and she'd managed to avoid Adrien quite skillfully.

He'd waited for her outside the steps every morning, so she'd snuck into school as Ladybug. He'd brought her her favourite chocolates, however that 'lactose problem' she was having meant Nino had to eat them instead, oh, and her hayfever was at full throttle so the flowers he sent just had to go in the bin. Nobody wanted her sneezing all day.

Guilt was constantly settled in the pit of her stomach. Not so much about the way she had acted with Adrien, although if she was Kagami she'd find Marinette and kick her ass, but it was the fact she was an accomplice to whatever this was with him. It was an absolute fiasco.

She deserved a dramatic stage slap after all this, and she'd probably encourage Kagami to go ahead and do it. It might make her feel a little less of a bitch.

"She wants to meet you. She said you sound like a person she'd get along with." Marinette smiled at Luka's words. She wanted to be friends with Luka's soulmate, he meant a lot to her.

"She sounds great, Luka. I'm so happy for you."

Marinette placed a kiss on her friend's cheek, then began to clear up the plates, napkins and pizza boxes. In the midst of her tidying, both hers and Luka's phones chimed.

"Hey Mari, everyone's off to find André. Fancy some ice cream? Your not-real boyfriends treat?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Marinette causing her to laugh.

"Let's do it. Just give me a second to get changed. I've been in my workout gear all day."

"I thought I could smell something." Again, he burst out laughing and this time she dived on him, messing up his hair. "Marinette, stop! What if my soulmate is there? I can't have a messed up do?"

"No offence, but your hair is not exactly a selling point." She climbed off him and made her way over to the wardrobe, rummaging through her different outfit choices.

Over the past couple of months, in preparation for her sweet sixteenth, she began to mix up her style. No longer did she just wear crops and a tee, she began to vary what she was wearing quite often. Outside of school time that is.

"Can I choose?" Luka walked up beside Marinette and flicked through the different clothing. Skirts, dresses, shorts ... you name it, she'd made it. "This." He stated, removing the item from her wardrobe, followed by a second. "With this."