Chapter 11

The shock on the others faces made Beetle wonder if she should have reacted in a similar way, she could hear the thoughts of them, some were actually funny to hear. Thorn was looking away, at one of the wanted posters she always had hung behind her desk, it was one of the NightWings she was guessing.

"Beetle, any reason for it?" Her mother asked in a hush voice, her eyes looked sad.

"Well um... recently I have been having these really strange dreams...", Beetle started. "They were about those guys... but there was this one, I-it had three dragons, an IceWing, NightWing and SandWing. They said something about my tribes and magic. Then today, when I got that rock, I heard voices, as if they were coming from other dragons heads. I just had to know, I guessed if this were the case, but I really needed to know."

Thorn was now looking straight at her, so were the others. Fatespeaker had her eyes closed, her thoughts became scattered.

"Why?... How?... How come NightWings don't hold this power, but she does?"

Thorn came over to put her wing on Beetle's. "Thank you for telling me", she said.

All the dragons in the room started to talk, Beetle was alone, studying the strange rock she had, she heard talons scrapping the sandstone that was outside the tent area.

"Thorn!" called the approaching dragon, he was one of the OutClaws situated at the front gate. "We have this stranger awaiting to be let in, but he is acting sus-". Thorn held up her talon.

"Hush, Beetle?" She asked the gold dragonet, the young dragon nodded and headed for the exit. The other dragon followed in silence. Apon arriving at the gate, Beetle saw who he was talking about.

The stranger looked her age and had scales that were more paler than a normal SandWing's, he had an upside down triangle tattoo right under each eye, one of which was red instead of black. He had a wicked grin on his face.

"Is this the all mighty Thorn?" He asked almost smugly.

"No, I am her daughter, Beetle", Beetle replied, she held the rock in her front talon, waiting to see what she could hear.

"Your the one that Burn raves on about, the dragonet that she finds very...odd?" The stranger snorted a small flame, Beetle's tail slashed across the sand. "Her words, not mine!" He added.

The golden dragon sighed. "Who are you anyway? And you don't look like one of her usual messengers".

The strange dragon laughed. "My name... Cyrus. Simple. The messengers before me? They failed to complete a certain, simple task that her majesty.... requested of them. I really hope no one grew fond of any, as all are... deceased".

"And she thought she could trust you to complete this task?" Beetle asked, while Cyrus was busy answering, she focused on what his head would say. What she saw in his mind was just his thoughts on what he would say. Nothing to help her.

"-So I said I would happily take it, and now I see what they meant by a beautiful dragon worth a treasure trove", Cyrus finished as Beetle got back to reality. She noticed how he was looking at her.

"Um...what?"

"The reason why I came here... You asked why I accepted this task", Cyrus looked at her with a confused and even hurt look.

Beetle sat up straight. "Right! Sorry, just zoned out!" She glanced at the sky. "If you need a place to stay for the night, we can organise a place for you to stay, with some of our OutClaws on patrol to ensure you don't do anything troublesome."

"You don't trust me Beetle?" Cyrus asked with a sly smile.

The gold dragonet stood up and growled. "You are a part of Burn's army! Burn! Sorry to offend, but she is disliked amongst many of us different dragons! She wants to stuff us and put us on display!" She looked into Cyrus's eyes, he showed a hint of sadness.

"Alright", he said, breaking the tension. "Where will I be staying? Also, I still need to talk with your mother".

"Citrus, take him to meet Thorn, tell her I will be setting up the spare house for our guest. I will be busy after running errands". Beetle told one of the watching dragons, she nodded before beckoning the new stranger into tow, another followed. Beetle sighed as a second later, a new patrol duo came to watch the gates. This was her que to leave.

As she was treading the streets to the guest houses, Beetle couldn't help shake the face Cyrus had when he was walking away to go see Thorn, she couldn't help but feel as if he was up to something terrible.

A/N:

So my shipping question earlier is answered, somebody gave me an idea and Cyrus fills that idea. Thank you for reading so far.