Chapter 8

She held her breath. Burn had asked the question that she feared at this very moment. Beetle glanced slightly at Anuket, she was looking at Burn.

"I haven't seen a group of dragons like that around here", she answered, keeping her gaze on the large dragon. "But I will keep you informed if I do see a random SkyWing, SeaWing, SandWing, MudWing and NightWing in a group nearby".

Burn scoffed. She circled a claw and turned to take off. Beetle heard a scream, she turned to see the soldier's tail scratch the surface of Anuket's neck, right above the shoulder. The soldier then called for the rest and took off, following Burn into the sky.

Beetle ran to Anuket, held her up then took her back into the Den. Many watched as Beetle held the injured SandWing, she called for someone to help, but quieted by the loud yells of the doctors offering their service. She scanned her eyes for Joshua, he knew what she did, and he was the best she knew. Beetle spotted Qibli, he was whispering to someone, the dragon she needed. He caught her stare and nodded, whispering to Joshua again before disappearing into the crowd.

"I have everything covered!" She yelled to the dragons, they immediately stopped calling and looked at her, Beetle gave one nod then left to go get her injured friend some medical attention, the many eyes drew their gazes off her and began to return to normal for the Den.

Beetle shifted at the tents opening. She knew what the others were gonna say, she knew how they were gonna react to seeing Anuket like this. She took in a deep breath and walked in, all eyes were on her and the injured SandWing, each held emotions like worry, rage, Beetle could even see the loss of hope in some.

Joshua stepped forward, he carefully took Anuket from Beetle and lead her to a pile of pillows, all of his equipment layed out and ready. Beetle looked away, she didn't want to witness the gruesome wound, but she flinched at the hisses that were filled with pain, the gold dragon didn't know the feeling of these wounds, she was always careful.

As Anuket started to cry, Beetle felt herself get tired. Was it from the worry? She drifted off to sleep...

She opened her eyes. The young dragon realised she was in an empty space, it felt comforting but discomforting at the same time. She opened up her wings, they were the usual gold, but she could see small flecks of black, like scattered stars, a bit like a NightWings but different. She took a closer look, did she also see a light blue? Was there some white specks too?

"Hello", whispered a voice, the dragonet looked in front of her to see a NightWing, she had gold and icy-blue scales instead of silver, and even had gold tear-drop shaped ones beside her eyes. The new dragon was looking at something, she turned to see another dragon, this one an IceWing with black and gold accents. Even this dragon was looking at another, this one was SandWing with black and blue scales speckled throughout her design, all these dragons had things in common, noticeable things.

"Who are you? Who am I?" The young dragonet asked, she spun around, taking in all three of these strangers.

"You are Beetle", The SandWing said, her voice smooth but eerie. With the same voice, the NightWing continued. "And we are your tribes".

"My tribes?"

"You have blood of IceWing, NightWing and SandWing. You are related to ancestry magic", The IceWing finished, still with the slimy voice, making Beetle shudder.

"Magic?"

"Yes", All three replied at once. The IceWing held out a talon, a bright blue orb formed.

Beetle shook her head, she wanted to go back to the real world. "Can I go back?" She asked, the three dragons nodded, then everything became white.

She opened her eyes again, she found herself curled up with some pillows, safe inside her tent. Beetle looked around, the RainWing - Glory - was chatting with Clay. Joshua was nearly finished with Anuket for the day.

"I will need to come back some more times to be sure that it is healing properly," He said, finishing up. Anuket was lightly stroking the scar, she had a worried look on her face.

"Can I cover it up?" She asked, lowering her talon away slowly.

"If that's what you want", Joshua replied, looking around.

Beetle perked her ears, she had a red scarf. "This?" She asked, digging out a long piece of fabric from under the pillows, Joshua nodded then walked over to grab it. He gave it to Anuket who wrapped it around her neck, it covered the scar easily, she seemed happy about it.