Chapter 5

"Just getting a doctor", Beetle replied. "Your friend Starflight needs the medical help".

Clay nodded, she knew that he trusted her to get the help, so if she wanted to keep the trust, she needed to hurry.

Beetle strutted along the roads, the doctor that she was making a bee-line to was not too far, but dragons seemed to want her attention today.

"Beetle! Some fired lizard is for sale today!"

"Some gold for the golden SandWing?"

"Beetle! I have some items for Thorn! Mind grabbing them for her?"

A few others called her name, but she needed to get somewhere. Apon arriving at the medical building, Beetle noticed Joshua relaxing under the shade cover. "Joshua!" She called, making her way over, as she did, the calling for her stopped. Dragons realised that she was busy.

The lounging dragon glanced up at her, he had warm eyes and a fun personality. "Beetle", he said, sitting up. "What do you need? Qibli landed on a cactus again?" That last one made Beetle snort.

Qibli had a habit of accidently landing on any cactus that was in range, whether he actually landed full on or just with the wingtip was the random part. He would always claim that he did it so Beetle never landed on them, but she knew he never planned any of it.

"Not today", she said, shaking her head with a grin. "But we have some foreign dragons here today, one of them has a problem with his eyes and you need to take a look, and need to help him". Joshua looked at her, but why? She looked back, hoping her eyes would show the hope she kept in her mind.

"Okay", he finally said. Beetle let her breath go, she thanked him for willing to help then lead him back to her tent, where the injured NightWing awaited. "Oh my..." Joshua muttered, stepping into the well lit tent, Clay and Tsunami looked up, one's eyes filled with hope, and the other's held heavy warning.

Joshua walked up to Starflight. "Hello", he said, assuring the NightWing that he was there. "I have come to see your wounds..."

Starflight hesitated, then nodded. "Really, thank you". Joshua lightly grabbed the bandages - they were actually leaves - and slowly peeled them off to show the injuries. Right across Starflight's face, there was a giant burn, it melted scales leaving a deep brown-red mark, and it went over his eyes. 'He can't see then...', Beetle thought with deep sorrow.

The black dragon didn't move or flinch at the contact, he just let the medical expert work. After a while of checking the area, Joshua finally spoke. "When...Where did this burn come from?" he asked, turning to the others, Tsunami looked away, Glory was facing Clay, who was comforting Anuket, who seemed to be having a rough dream.

"A lava island...", Fatespeaker finally spoke, Beetle forgot she was there. "The home of the NightWings surrounded by water, covered in lava..."

"I have seen it", Beetle said out of no where. When the others all looked at her, including Joshua and Qibli, she continued in a rush. "In my dreams, for a while now I've had weird dreams about the dragonets, about you guys! But they were also different as Anuket wasn't there". It went silent, the others must be contemplating what she had just said.

"I think I might know why", The shy SandWing announced, she sat up, brushing Clay away. Everyone looked at her, she seemed to hesitate after saying that. "Did you also hatch on the brightest night?"

Now everyone looked at Beetle. She knew the answer, but did she feel comfortable sharing that information? Would they see her as a child? She took a breath.

"Yes, I did".