Chapter 9

Beetle was digging. She left the tent to find something, buried treasure that she had found when she was younger. After her dream, she needed to test something, but she doubted she had any magic in her.

"And what are you doing, little Beetle?" Asked a voice behind her, the dragonet turned to see her mother Thorn, Beetle noticed that she ha just returned, due to Six Claws still coming through the gates, other senior OutClaws following him.

"Where are those little gems I once had years ago?" Beetle asked, Thorn smiled and shook her head. She held out her wing and guided her daughter.

"We moved them from this little hole", Thorn explained, smiling. "We put them in the tent, in my special files draw, away from the eyes of thieves".

"Oh...I guess I wasn't the smartest then".

Thorn laughed slightly, she lifted her wing when they passed the tight roads, deadly tails were lashing about, dragons were shouting. The leader lifted her head and waited, no one noticed her. Thorn nodded to Beetle, Qibli appeared next to her, she nodded back.

"Wonder what's going on here?" Qibli exclaimed with a loud voice trying to get the attention of the dragons in front of them.

"Yeah, hope no fight is breaking out!" Beetle yelled, having the same idea, three heads turned to see the dragonets, they backed down when they realise who was talking.

"Wasn't Thorn meant to come back today?" Qibli asked with a smile, many dragons froze.

"Yeah", Beetle replied. "In fact...She's here right now!"

All the dragons at the scene turned, all eyes on Thorn, she had an unreadable face as she watched them all. She started to walk towards the heart of the crowd, the fight that everyone was cheering on, it was two stall owners.

"Cactus and Coyote, what makes the pleasure of disturbing the Den?" She asked them, one growled at the other, Thorn flicked her tail and all the bystanders left the scene, letting her talk in peace.

"Thorn, he stole from me!" Coyote yelled in rage, she twitched her claws. Coyote never liked to fight, but to see her twitching and ready to throw claws made Beetle wonder.

The other shook his head. "Like I said, I didn't steal anything from you!" Cactus snarled. "And what proof do you have of me?"

"I saw you! There were even witnesses who saw you!"

"Saw me doing what? Opening my stall?" He scoffed.

"What were you doing near my stall then Cactus?" Coyote asked, pointing a talon.

He was about to yell, but Thorn interjected. "What seems to be 'stolen'?"

Coyote faced Thorn. "My mothers jewel is missing Thorn! I left it in my locked box when Burn came here, I went to get more supplies and when I came back I saw him taking something from that box. I checked the box, it was pried open and my jewel was gone".

"That pathetic junk called a jewel?!" Cactus barked with laughter. "That is the last thing I would even look at, it looks so horrid". Coyote gasped.

Beetle stepped back to view the scene, a small brown box was on its side, coins spilled across the ground. She looked at the dragons, Qibli was looking at her, he had a questioning look, she nodded.

"I have an idea", She announced, everyone turned to her. "This bickering isn't getting us anywhere, so lets get a smart dragon on the case". Thorn smiled as Beetle flicked her tail at Qibli, he got to work.

Qibli walked up to the tipped box, he tapped it then eyed the stall. "Does seem like something is missing", He mumbled, slipping to Cactus' tent, Beetle followed. Qibli opened any closed boxes, looked in every corner and searched everywhere. He muttered some more things before turning back to the group to examine Coyote and Cactus. Coyote didn't have any bags on her, but Cactus had two.

"Hey!" Cactus yelled as Qibli reached his talon out. "Don't touch my stuff!"

"Anything you're trying to hide?" Thorn asked skeptically, Cactus hesitated, then mumbled as Qibli grabbed the bags. He tipped the items out, there were many little trinkets, two stood out to Beetle, one was an obsidian black rock, the other was a blood red jewel, cut perfectly and even. Everyone gasped.

"He did steal my jewel!" A voice shrieked.

A/N

Thanks for reading so far, but there will be one or two changes.

1- Updating may take more time, instead of day to day like I did before it will be every few days.

2- Attitudes as I will be experimenting with ships

Other than those I hope you well!