Chapter 1

She gazed apon the crowded town. The Scorpion Den. It was bustling, at every corner all that she could hear was the same thing, the Dragonets of Destiny were out and about, hiding from the fighting queens.

"Beetle?" Asked the dragon beside her, Qibli. He was younger than her by some years, but they weren't related, her mother rescued him from the worst family ever, and they've been good friends for a few years now. She turned to him, his face full of concern. "You zoned out again" he told her. She nodded. Ever since they've heard of the Dragonets first appearance in the SkyWing kingdom, she's started having weird visions. Would she call them that?

"Sorry", she muttered, looking back at the streets, when ever Beetle and Qibli could, they would always sit on the tallest roof and gaze apon the views, sunsets and sunrises were her favourites, the way that the sky turned from blues to picks to purples and the other way around.

Qibli nodded as well, turning to the left of Beetle, when he suddenly stood up. Not even a second after he did she knew why, someone was yelling and they were the closest OutClaws on patrol.

Beetle glanced at her partner, he nodded for her to lead, and so she took off into the busy streets below, Qibli then followed a second after. The streets were narrow, with SandWing tails flailing everywhere, making it hard for others to pass by, but for Beetle she had no fear of the barbed tips.

It happened when she was really young, before she was aloud to wonder the streets of the Scorpion Den properly. Beetle was staying close with her mother, who was meeting with someone about 'becoming leaders' or something.

Thorn knew leaving Beetle alone at this age was an invitation for death, so Beetle had to come along.

Most of the meeting the young dragonet was out of the way, sitting where Thorn could see her properly, in case something bad happened.

When Thorn was to busy discussing negotiations with the other dragon, someone new approached the baby, his tail in a striking pose, ready to take a life, most likely Beetle's.

"Watch Out!" Called a voiced. The attacker panicked and shot his tail to the ground, at the same time Beetle ducked, so the tail only ripped at her wing.

After her mother had picked her up, Beetle knew it was safe, then they inspected her wing. No poison, only a tear from the tip, which healed but left a scar.

Thorn then checked with nearly every doctor, they had all said the same thing. "There's nothing there" they would always reply, and so Beetle never seemed to need to be afraid.

Beetle swooped down to the screaming dragon, she was fairly wealthy looking, must make lots off her work. "Ma'am", she said, slowing to a walk. "Is everything alright?"

The dragon looked at her skeptically. "I need the OutClaws, not whatever you are!" she yelled. Beetle glanced down at her golden scales, true she was different, but her mother knew why. Thorn may keep it secret, but she had to know why Beetle looked like this; golden scales, grey-blue eyes and no barb on her tail. 

Before she had realized, Qibli had landed beside her. "Miss Scorpion?" he asked, his tail twitching slightly. 'Is he willing to fight her for my safety?' She wondered, eyeing each twitch. 'Maybe he is as loyal to mother as he says.' 

Scorpion looked at Qibli, he looked back at her with a bored expression. She nodded at him to continue speaking. "This is my partner on patrol", he explained, sure he was young, but he did learn a lot from Six Claws. Scorpion then looked at Beetle again, then at Qibli. She took a moment to process, Beetle could tell, it was getting dark, and young dragons did tend to take one or two shiny things from the wealthy. Thorn wanted to teach them how to work, but they easily told her they wanted no part.

"Yes, yes..."She replied, glancing at Beetle again and again. "Thorns daughter, I remember", her tails swung gracefully from side to side. "Well, someone was talking about a crime, I wen to take a closer inspection when one of the talkers ran past and took my bag. It has gems in it!"

"Which way did they go?" Qibli asked, his brain clearly spinning. After getting all the details they needed, the pair looked for the mischievous dragons, and Scorpions bag.

They searched most of the market part of the Den, but no luck. Beetle went back to her mothers tent, hoping she could get word of this incident out to other OutClaws around. Thorn awaited for her inside the large blue tent, the biggest in the gathering. It had 5 tents in a sort of semi-circle, Thorn's in the middle, and a large fireplace with logs to sit on infront of them, the heads of the OutClaws lived here.

Beetles mother called for the others, they all marched out with concerned faces, not much commotion in the Den but a major meeting, something they needed to listen to. Thron explained what Beetle had told her, Qibli also chimed in, adding in key parts Beetle hadn't had mentioned.

After a while of talking, a sound not far off alarmed the meeting dragons. It sounded like an explosion. OutClaws on standby were racing to the scene  Thorn leading the way and Beetle just behind her.

When they arrived to the area of the explosion, Beetle's heart raced. It was one of the orphanages that she regularly visited.