EPILOGUE

"Mick?" A familiar voice called my name. "Mick! You're awake! Don't scare me like that ever again!"

"Mom? Is that you?" I tried opening my eyes to look at her familiar face but was blinded by white lights. "Am I in heaven?" I asked, only to realise I was still alive from the burning sensation in both of my hands.

"Don't be silly, Mick." Mom gently hit me. "You crashed, and got set on fire. But you were pulled out of your car in time. Now you're in the hospital, safe and sound."

"Who saved me back there?"

"Take a look for yourself."

I forced my eyes open, adjusting to the bright hospital lights. Mom signalled towards the door, and I could see the person mom was pointing at. My saviour.

It was Ember.

She didn't look well at all. It was as if she cried all night instead of sleeping for a whole week. Her hands were all wrapped up with bandages.

Her eyes lit up when they met mine, and she came running towards me to give me a big hug.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Mick!" Ember exclaimed, tears rolling down her cheeks. "For crashing into you... for everything."

I patted her with my bandaged hands. I missed cuddling with her so bad. "I forgive you, Ember. I want to apologise to you too. I shouldn't have hurt your feelings that night."

"Don't." She wiped away her tears and looked me in the eye. "I got too overwhelmed then, and I couldn't help it. You didn't deserve it, Mick."

"It's all okay, Ember." I consoled her. "That's the past. Let's focus on the present and the future. Our future."

At that moment, I realised there was a picture in Ember's pocket. It looked familiar...

It was the one she held when she cried that day!

Ember noticed my eyes directed towards the picture, and pulled it out of her pocket. It was a picture of the both of us in Japan when we first met.

"I kept this picture with me because I thought I lost you," she admitted. "Initially, I thought you didn't love me anymore, then after you crashed I was worried I would lose you forever. I really wanted you by my side."

"It's okay, Ember. I'm right here," I assured her.

We held each other in our hands, looking at each other like we were the only people alive. I smiled at the thought of Ember and I. Every single negative thought I once had melted away in an instant. In their place now lay love and affection.

"Ember Williams, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!"

Just like that, our lips met.

***

"Are you ready, Ember?"

"Of course I am! I can't wait to see our new car. I heard it's going to be quick."

"It definitely will, with you behind the wheel." I joked, and we both chuckled.

"Introducing the drivers of the Haas VF-22 in the 2022 Formula One World Championship Season..." the emcee began.

"Mick Schumacher and Ember Williams!"

***

THE END

***

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS THE END! 

Thank you so much for reading this book, and for the FINAL TIME, please vote, comment and share this story with others! 

:D