CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"George and Lando."

"George and Lando who?"

"Screw that! Just let us in will you?"

"Alright, alright," I let out a chuckle as I opened the door to let the boys come in.

George and Lando sat down on the sofa, while I headed to the kitchen to pour some water for them.

"So, movie night," I stated. "What are we going to watch?"

"Oh I found something!" Lando exclaimed. "There's this website I found online that lets you watch movies and TV shows for free." He typed the link of the website in his browser. As the website loaded up, he mirrored his screen to the TV so we could all see.

We scrolled through all the movies on the main page and eventually got bored.

"Do people really watch these kinds of movies nowadays?" George asked. "They're like, hero movies, horror movies, all about the action. You know what? Can you search for car movies, Lando?"

Lando nodded and took us to the car movies page. We looked through the page until we found something that caught our eyes: Rush 2013.

As the movie played, George and Lando sat on the individual sofas while having popcorn. Meanwhile Ember and I are cuddling on the couch, because why not? Plus, it's cute.

We watched as Niki Lauda and James Hunt dueled on track back in 1976, how Lauda crashed on the Nurburgring, and how Hunt won the championship by a tiny little point. Ultimately it was a good movie, and we totally enjoyed it.

"You guys are so lucky," Ember whined during the credits. "You guys have met Niki before. I haven't."

I looked at the boys, and they stared back at me. "Uhh, yea..." I responded. "But let us not talk about that shall we?"

"What time is it?" asked George.

I briefly glanced at the clock. "11pm."

"That's late, that's really late." George stated. "Lando, we need to go catch up on something, now."

"Right, right. On it," Lando agreed as he packed his things and prepared to leave.

"Where are you going?" Ember questioned them.

"You'll know soon enough. Bye!" yelled Lando from the outside.

Now it's just Ember and I, alone on the couch, late into the night.

We lay on the couch, enjoying the comfort and the warmth of each other. Until Ember suddenly yawned. "I might need some sleep now."

"Okay sweetie," I smiled before getting up and carrying her bridal style to the bedroom. She squealed as I did so, surprised by my sudden actions.

I gently plopped her down into the bed and covered her with a blanket. I placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

"I love you, Mick."

"Love you too, Ember."

***

Gym day. I hadn't gone to the gym in quite some time. My mind regretted it, but my heart is relieved that I got some rest from those vigorous activities. Gerard would probably side with my mind though.

Much to my astonishment, it was also Ember's gym day with her trainer Mark. We did our morning routines and ate breakfast together before heading to the gym.

"Morning Mick, Ember," Gerard greeted us as we walked into the room.

Ember and I split during our workout, with her reporting to Mark and I to Gerard. Gerard first instructed me to warm up and stretch my muscles. Then I had to go through the process of doing all those dull, tiring workouts: 50 pushups, 50 pull-ups, bursts of 20 second planks for 10 times, and finally the elephant in the room - running 4km on the treadmill with incline.

After my workout I was practically lying on the floor catching my breath. The floor felt like a really comfortable bed although it really wasn't. How much I wish I could fall asleep right now.

"Mick, wake up," I heard a feminine voice call. I opened my eyes and saw Ember kneeling beside me. "Are you really that tired?"

"I guess I am." I rubbed my eyes with my fingers and sat up. Both our trainers disappeared to who knows where. They're probably having tea or something. It was left with me and Ember now.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"You want to go to the park?" Ember suggested.

"Sure, why not?" I responded.

Ember hastily pecked my cheeks and pulled me up before signalling me to get ready. I went ahead to pack my belongings and close the lights, the air conditioners and take care of some random things here and there. After around 10 minutes of moving around, I felt energised once again and I was ready to go out with Ember.

Short chapter oops. 

Still, vote and comment pls? Thanks!