CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I'll just let you listen to that song while reading. It's featured in the chapter :)

It's also my favourite song, so enjoy!

"Ahhhhh!" I groaned as I fell onto my hotel bed. After such a long flight from the other side of the world, I could finally get some rest. Some sweet, sweet rest.

The first practice session was still two days away, so I could do whatever I wanted for the time being. I could sleep, tour the wonderful city of Melbourne... or I could go on a date with Ember.

I know I still felt a little off about her and myself, but I wanted to let go of the feeling. A date I hoped would do the job. I would be reminded of the good things about her and forget all the conflicts in my head.

And so I went on a short journey to find a suitable place for the date. Instead of physically going to town and searching, I opened Google Maps and looked for restaurants, theatres or anything fun around the area.

Eventually I came across a mall nearby, and apparently there was an Aussie restaurant inside with quite decent reviews. Let's go there then, I thought.

But first, I need some sleep. Date's tomorrow then.

***

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Me of course."

"Oh Mick!" Ember exclaimed as she opened the hotel door, "You're here!"

Ember practically pulled me into the living room and onto the sofa to sit down.

"Any drinks that you want, or anything?" she offered.

"No thanks," I responded. "I just want to see if you would like to go on a date with me today."

"OMG I would love to!" Ember squealed. "When is it?"

"You want to go now?"

"Yes!" and she dashed to her bedroom. "Be right back, Mick!"

At that point of time I didn't feel off anymore. Maybe seeing Ember in person really helped. She's so cheerful and optimistic about everything and it made me forget about why I felt the sourness in the first place.

Oh right... envy...

Why did I remind myself of that?

Anyways, I tried to push the negative thoughts away as Ember showed up, dressed in a blue blouse and red half-skirt.

"You look... great!" I complimented her.

"Thank you Mick," she pecked my cheeks before taking her belongings. "You driving?"

"Yea sure, Ember."

***

The mariachi intro for the song 'Misery Business' filled the car as we were driving, Ember's face lit up. She practically held me by the shoulders and shook me around in glee. "You like Paramore?" she asked enthusiastically, staring me right in the eye.

"Sure, it's a good song," I replied. "But this is my first time listening to this. I'm playing Gerard's playlist that he shared with me in Brazil."

"Oh..." she looked disappointed about that, but quickly her expression returned to her normal, cheerful one.

"You know this used to be my favourite song a few years ago, when I was having that 'phase' in my life," she added with a small chuckle. "Well I've moved on from that song. But damn, it hits hard now, and I love the feeling."