12. A Difficult Task

Start from the beginning

"Girlfriend." 

"What are you talking about Ron?" Hermione frowned, apparently confused.

"I think Tonks is a good choice for Harry, ever thought of her being his girlfriend?" 

None of them believed what Ron had said. Looking back, why should they? Nymphadora was the funny and sweet Auror, nothing more, nothing less. He sighed, "Ron, it's not like what you are thinking. She is my friend, not someone for me to end up with."

"Harry's right, "Hermione added, "How old is she? 7 years old than him if I remembered correctly! You expect them to work? We found out that Tonks likes professor Lupin, they look so nice together. In the muggle world, it's like a high school student dating a policewoman according to you. Harry even has a girlfriend for Merlin's sake!"

"It's just a thought, 'Mione."

"What was that? You are supposed to call me Hermione not 'Mione!"

"Sorry," said Ron forming a bit of awkwardness.

Mr. Harry Potter, however, used this as the best chance to tease Ronald Weasley. "I have a random question for you Ron, if you must choose between Hermione and Chicken, which one will you pick?"

"Hermione for sure!" Replied Ron within a millisecond.

"Haha I knew it, "Harry smiled evilly, which did scare his best friends a bit, "You love Hermione more than anything in the world!"

"Shut it!" Ron and Hermione shouted at the same time but secretly were both blushing. 

"I'm speaking the truth."

"Well you won't be ranting about us after hearing this, " said Hermione paying full attention to them, "Once I was playing truth or dare with Parvati Patil, I asked her if she was to go out with a boy(or girl), who was her first choice?"

"And what did she say?" 

"Let me use her own words, 'I'd definitely go out with Harry Potter, he's brave, humble, and loyal. I started liking him in our 4th year, things didn't go well at the yule ball but I can't blame him. Every boy would react like that if their crush was going with someone else. I couldn't tell him I like her because Cho is such a nice girl. I waited for so long, and then he is dating Suzie, my childhood friend who is sweet and kind! Yes, I fancy Harry Potter, but we'll never have a chance together so why shall I force him?' Can you believe it?" 

Harry was sucked into the story, "Are you sure of the fact that Parvati likes me?"

"100 percent. She wouldn't lie in a truth or dare game, or magic will tell. "

"I'm glad she didn't do anything, thanks Parvati, wherever you are. Can I make this better by saying I'm not really dating Susan?" 

Hermione gasped, "You mean, you two broke up? "

"No, we weren't into each other romantically in the first place. " said Harry, insisting Ron and Hermione sit down and listen to his explanation, "Remember the day at the Chamber of the Secrets?"

They nodded.

"You guys left first, Susan told me about her aunt and Sirius engaged, that makes us almost half-siblings. "

"So cool, I didn't know that Sirius had got a girl!" Ron exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I'm not finished yet. A few minutes later, we found words written on the Basilisks' skin. It said 'Leave Nymphadora Tonks alone.' "

"But, why would anyone do that? Couldn't they see Tonks is your very good friend, nothing more? What was the threat for?" questioned Hermione worriedly.

"I don't know, probably someone who either likes or hates Dora. Or they shouldn't even think of writing it. So Susan came up with a plan, if we started dating, then the person would feel that I already have a girlfriend and she is not Tonks. Maybe they'd stop what they were doing."

"Did it work?"

"Sort of yes, I haven't received any threats lately. This is the full story of Susan and me, we talked about stopping fake dating and announce an official breakup. We never are in a relationship anyway." He finished, glancing at Ron and Hermione.

"Oh Harry, you should have told us what went on, I'm sorry you have to go through it." said Hermione, "Next time, be more careful and please let us know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look, we've got Potion's again!"

Perfect, he thought. Finally, could he ask professor Slughorn to give him the memory. With that, he walked faster towards the classroom.

"Harry, m'boy, you're here!" the Potions master greeted. The lesson was fine, he managed to brew perfect potions with the Half-Blood Prince book. He couldn't help but wonder who did this book belong to? They must be a genius inventing spells and ways to make potions better.

It ended after getting a perfect score. All students went out of the room, Harry stayed behind. He had to find the memory Dumbledore wanted him to have. "Sir, I wondered if I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask away, dear boy. Ask away."

"The other day, I was in the library in the restricted section, " Harry began, copying to be like Tom Riddle, "and I came across something rather odd about a very rare piece of magic."

"What was this rare piece of magic?" 

"I can't remember the name exactly." He admitted, exactly like Tom, " But it just got me wondering, are there some kinds of magic you're not allowed to teach us?"

"I'm Potions Master, Harry, I think your question better be posed to Professor Snape," said Slughorn.

"He and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye, sir. What I mean to say is... Well, he's not like you. He might misunderstand."

"It would be no light without the dark. And so it is with magic, myself I always strive to live within the light. I suggest you do the same." came the reply.

Harry didn't give up, "Is that what you told Tom Riddle, sir when he came asking questions?"

"Dumbledore put you up to this, didn't he? Didn't he? Yes? Oh, it's you, Potter. I-I'm sorry, I'm busy at the moment."

Failed attempt.

A/N: The next chapter is ready, I hope you enjoyed it(some lines are from the Half-Blood Prince script)! I want to know, if you're reading this, do you long or short chapters? How many words in one chapter do you think is the best? Vote and comment please, thank you everyone for supporting my book!

Recommendation: The Little Girl by Littlewriter2008, not fanfiction but trust me, it's 100% worth reading.