εïз september 26th, 2016 εïз

"Oh thank god," Jinsoul groans, throwing herself onto her best friend. "I don't know what I would do if you hadn't been working today,"

Jungeun snorts, poking the blonde's shoulder. "Tryna say you missed me?"

"Something like that," Jinsoul mumbleds into her shoulder.

"Now as much as I'd love to hear about your classes, I still have a job," Jungeun pushes her off, sending her in the direction of a booth. The blonde pouts at her but ultimately sits down in the seat. She watches with affection as her smaller friend quickly delivers customers orders.

Jinsoul was a freshman in college, and she had met Jungeun in her favorite coffee shop. It wasn't anything special, Jungeun had been new and accidentally spilled hot coffee all over Jinsoul's white t-shirt. Jinsoul, being the nice person she was, said it was totally fine. Jungeun, being an anxious mess, had offered her a week of free drinks at the coffee shop, so how could Jinsoul resist? They became fast friends because once Jinsoul started coming, she didn't want to stop. The coffee shop had this nice comforting presence, and as she discovered, Jinsoul and Jungeun got along well.

No one would know Jinsoul was the older one, Jungeun was always so serious and responsible. Jinsoul had internally decided that it was her mission to make Jungeun smile. She had noticed over time that Jungeun rarely had any other real expression than a blank stare. She didn't want a pity smile, or one meant for customers, she wanted to make Jungeun REALLY smile. Because sometimes she worried about her fellow blonde. Jungeun got all quiet when the conversation went to her life, and Jinsoul concluded there wasn't much Jungeun was happy about. That's okay, as long as Jinsoul could make her smile, she'd feel a little better.

"Hey dork," Jungeun slides into the seat across from Jinsoul, sighing and putting her notepad on the table. "How was classes?"

"Fine," Jinsoul shrugs. "Easy, I wouldn't expect anything different,"

Jungeun rolls her eyes. "Okay nerd. Then what was that reaction when you walked in?"

"Oh!" Jinsoul's eyes light up. "I need your help!"

Jungeun raises an eyebrow.

"There's this girl in my class, hold up let me find a picture," Jinsoul pulls out her phone. "Here she is,"

Jungeun looks and sees a cute girl on Jinsoul's phone. She has an impossibly wide smile, it looks like it hurts her cheeks it's so big. She's standing next to Jinsoul, and the blonde has an arm on her waist. Something in Jungeun's throat constricts.

"What about her?" Jungeun looks away, down at her notepad.

"Come on, she's freaking adorable," Jinsoul huffs. "I really want to ask her out,"

"And I'm here why?"

"Geez, Jungie, don't be so cold," Jinsoul shoots her a weird look. "What's up with you? Even you can't deny she's cute. I know you go for bad girls but come on,"

"I don't go for anyone," Jungeun protests. "And she's fine, I guess,"

"Wow," Jinsoul looks at her phone and back at her friend. "You really have no taste,"

"Oh shut up,"

Jinsoul sees her smile, but she knows it's not a real one. Jinsoul will have to try again.