To them, this was a perfect opportunity for him to get closer to me but he's wasting it just like that.

Khalid wants to stay away from me to avoid hurting himself more since he has already signed the divorce papers. I was happy with someone else and he was trying to make things easy for me,  for the both of us. I made my choice and he was respecting it.

I was supposed to be happy, celebrating but all I could feel was pain and heartache.

Do I really love Khalifa?.

Khalifa tried his best to make me happy so the only logical thing for me to do was to give him what he deserved.

He deserved my love from all his efforts.

But did I really deserve Khalifa?. He was perfect for me in every way but I guess he wasn't what my heart craved and longed for.

I felt something out of this world for Khalid and I needed to stop lying to myself.

I really didn't know what to do anymore. I really couldn't just let Khalifa go, we were getting married. His family loved me.

I couldn't give them a reason to hate me.

" Someone needs to hit you hard in the face Faryah, what about our happiness?. We don't deserve to be happy I see"  wasn't that being selfish?.

" I'll accompany you Faryah. Just finish up and let's go" Ethan said as I came back to reality and realised Sophia and Mama Zainab weren't at the table anymore. " I'm done, we can go now if you don't mind"

" Oh sure, let's go. Go get ready" He answered and I got up from the table with my plates, dropped them in the kitchen and headed to my room to get my hand bag. 

I really hoped Papa Brandon was going to listen to me at least.

--------------------Olyster Residence, 1:10pm.

" Anna said he's around so let's hope everything turns out well" Ethan said to me as we stood at the front door, after ringing the bell.

Their home was still very beautiful but it was extremely quiet. It was quiet before but this kind of quiet was creepy.

Everything was still intact, the flowers and the surrounding.

"The house is so quiet, it's giving me the creeps"

" It sadly is. Don't worry, Everything is completely normal, well on the outside I guess" He answered as the door opened up and revealed a woman young figure dressed in a maid's outfit. This wasn't Anna. " Hey, good morning. Anna's not here?"

" Good morning. Yeah she's not but she told me you were coming, she went to get some groceries. Come in please" The young lady answered nicely and we walked in behind her. " Okay, thanks. Where's Sir Brandon?" The house was still neat but all the pictures that were hung up before on the walls were all gone. Brandon took them down. I thought I was going to see a house turned upside down and a Brandon curled in one side of the room. " He's in the study sir"

" Alright. Let's go Faryah" Ethan said as he walked in front of me and I slowly followed behind him.

" You should knock on the door" He whispered and lowered his pace as he got closer to the study door. " Sure"

The door opened up widely before my knuckles hit them and I gasped at the horrible sight and the horrible stench that slapped my nose hard. He probably hadn't shaved or taken his bath in days. The study was a mess as well.

There were many broken glasses, chairs and torn papers all around. The  room had a pungent stench of alcohol, mixed with vomit.

He was a mess.

Oh my Allah.

He was wearing a long sleeved blue striped office shirt and the first three buttons of it were gone. He was drunk. 

" Papa Brandon" I called as he stared at me with his drunken eyes and I backed away from him a bit. His eyes reminded me of that of Khalid's father years ago.

" What are you doing here?" He said with a shaky voice as he staggered closer to where I stood, holding a bottle of alcohol. Coming here was a bad idea. " I came to talk to you"

" About what?, what do you want from me huh?" He took a big gulp from his bottle, cleaned his lips and tried to maintain his stance. " you're not guilty for what happened to Grandpa Julius" I tried my best to sound comforting as he slumped down on the couch. " I am. I let those two devils into my house and they caused all this mess. They killed my father" He raged as he rolled himself on the couch. The effects of too much alcohol was irritating. People that drink know this so why go ahead with it?.

" No. You're not" I tried going closer to him but all I wanted to do was run away. He looked vulnerable now I guess. " You're also a cause of this mess" He snapped as he tried to get up from where he sat with shaky legs. " You came into our lives and destroyed it as well. You're a devil" He yelled as he quickly ran to where I stood and pushed me to the floor aggressively.

" I should kill her right?" He looked towards the study and spoke to thin air. Was he seeing ghosts?. " Yes. I'll kill all of them. You'll be very happy right Father?" Oh my goodness. " Call the hospital Ethan" I panicked as Ethan helped me up.

What happened to the nice and calm papa Brandon we all knew?. It was so hard to believe that he ended up like this.

" I've called them up, we need to get out of here" Ethan said quickly as he held my wrist tightly. " Don't you move" Papa Brandon was pointing a gun at us. We definitely had to stop in our heels.

He was out of control.

" my father used this gun to kill himself because of all of you so you all deserve to die by it"

Oh ya Allah. 

" Yes. They deserve hell because they killed you Father" He raged and smashed his bottle on a side table and tried to shoot at us but nothing came out of the gun.

It had no bullets.

Run.

We rushed out of the house, making sure we closed the front door. We needed to make sure he didn't get out of the house. Rushing to the kitchen from the back and alerting the maids, we locked the door that led to the kitchen and also the ones that led to swimming pool before he could reach them. 

Brandon was stranded inside now.

My heart was beating faster than normal. I thought I was going to be able to help their family. Papa Brandon was too nice to let anger and guilt eat him up like this.

He was seeing people and talking to those people. Shaytan had taken over him completely.

This is what happens when one doesn't let out their anger and frustration. Thank goodness he didn't kill himself but him being insane was still equally very bad.

The ambulance sirens screamed from a close distance and I sighed in relief.

Ethan called up the psychiatric hospital, that was where Papa Brandon needed to be.

He really needed attention.

We opened the doors for the psychiatrists and some nurses dressed in the white on their arrival. They injected something in him so he could easily be taken to the hospital.

" Do you think he'll get better?" Ethan asked as we followed the ambulance to the hospital. He already called up Sophia and Mama Zainab. They were probably on their way to the hospital as well. " I hope so. Papa Brandon really can't continue like this"

" Let's pray for the best"

He needed lots of prayers.