" I'm not ready to give up on you Faryah, I'll always love you and take care of you okay?" He said with a deep contagious smile. " okay Khalifa, I love you soooo much"

" I love you so much more" he answered and pinched my cheeks. " come on, you need to get some sleep okay, I'll text you before I sleep"

" I'll be waiting for your sweet text" Khalifa said as he got back into his car. " Sure, Ma'assalam, drive safely" I called as I waved at him. " In Sha'a Allah, Bissalam" he answered. " Bye" I called as he drove away.

I walked into the lobby after greeting the security guards and got into the elevator, taking me to the third floor. Khalid said I was sleeping around with Khalifa.

He still didn't trust me one bit.

How angry could he be to say such words to me. It was my life I was living and definitely no one else's. He had no right to accuse me of acting immorally. It was best to pursue the divorce case in court.

It should have been what I did right from when he told me he wasn't going to sign the papers. I was definitely going to win. I had witnesses to what happened that faithful day. Khalid had no chances of winning the case.

I was being too nice considerate with him and all he did was fight for what he wanted, what about what I wanted?.

It was going to be hard to get him back on track honestly. The Khalid I knew was buried deep down in him and now a jealous and annoying freak existed in him. I got out of the elevator and headed to my apartment as I fondled with my bag and got the house keys.

The door wasn't locked. I was very sure I locked the door before we left. I was more than sure that I did.

Or maybe I didn't.

I walked in carefully and turned on the lights after closing the door behind me. The air in my apartment didn't feel right at all. Something was different. Someone or something was in here. I looked around the living room as I walked in further, everything seemed in place but something just didn't feel right.

I looked at the wall I was standing in front of closely and I found a shadow behind me. Very close to me. Was there a ghost here?.

I swiftly turned around and miraculously ducked a glass jar from being hit on my head.

Who was she?. She was obviously a woman, her dark-haired ponytail was more than obvious. She was wearing a mask. I watched as the woman brought out a knife from her boots and turned back at me. All I could do was scream. She wasn't a burglar or anything, she wanted to kill me.

I screamed and took to my heels with Najmah in my hands as she followed me. I rushed into the storage room and locked it so she couldn't try and enter.

My heart was pounding.

I didn't want anything to happen to my daughter. " what do you want?" I screamed as I took out my phone from my bag. I was calling Khalifa. " surrender the child and you'll be fine" May Allah forbid that. Over my dead body. I knew it was a female. She had a very funny English accent." who sent you?"

" Surrender the child" she answered back as she tried opening the door. I was scared honestly.

I didn't want to lose Najmah and I didn't want to lose my life. " Khalifa, please come back to the apartment, we're in danger..." I screamed my lungs out as I watched the door to the storage room open up widely in front of me and the woman walked in holding a lighter she had kindled. My phone fell right out of my hands to the floor. I couldn't let her take Najmah away, I was definitely not going to let that happen. There were some insecticides around and I grabbed one as I held Najmah tightly because our lives depended on it. I sprayed her face as I watched the fire she kindled combine with the insecticide and burned her face. She screamed in pain and staggered back and I found my way out. I ran to the kitchen and took my car keys and ran out of the apartment and into the elevator. I needed to leave the building as fast as I could.