" Are you sure of what you're saying?" I heard a voice ask from outside my door as I moved closer. It was that of one of the security guards. " Yes, I've been ringing the door bell for a while now and I'm sure she's inside, I honestly hope she's not in danger" that was Khalid's voice. I should have honestly expected that he was going to do something like this just to get himself in.

I opened my door my door with a smile and found the security guard fondling with a whole bunch of keys. " Excuse me, good morning" I greeted as I stood to look at them. " oh my you gave us a scare there my love" Khalid was honestly making me sick. I never knew he had a knack for acting. " Ma'am you left your husband worried"

" Excuse me?, my husband?" I asked and laughed a bit. " Yes, he has been ringing the doorbell for an hour and he panicked, don't scare us again like this Ma'am" the security guard said and I nodded. " yes my love don't do that again" Khalid said as he came closer to me and stood beside me, trying to caress my cheek. I moved away from him and sent him a death glare. " I'm going to leave you two now, you should please always be safe and very careful" the security man said and I smiled at him. " Sure sir, thank you very much, Ma'assalam"

" Bissalam" he answered and I closed the door immediately after he left.

" For goodness sake Khalid what is wrong with you?" I snapped in a low voice, I didn't want to disturb Najmah. " You locked me out, it would have been much easier if you had let me in in the first place"

" You didn't tell me you were coming?, why will you come so early in the morning unannounced"

" to surprise you guys and I missed my daughter" I couldn't argue anymore.

" Khalid please the next time you're coming please tell me" I said and sighed. "Fine"

" There she is" I said as I pointed towards Najmah and I walked back to the kitchen.

I needed to calm down.

I sat on my chair and turned my laptop on, I was thinking of preparing a speech for the Anniversary of the Orphanage. Either that or I would just go with what my heart wanted on that day. Saying what I felt from my heart was much much more better. I looked towards Najmah and Khalid as he revealed the gifts and dresses he got for her. The both of them honestly looked like.

We would have honestly been a beautiful family if what happened that faithful day didn't happen. But Allah knows best.

If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have been as tough as I was now.

I wouldn't have found my true love. Khalifa.

A persons first love is always hard to forget, I was never going to forget how Khalid helped me back then. Khalid showed me who he truly was when I was with him but I just couldn't bring myself to trust him again, that trust was what defined our marriage but it's gone now. I loved what Khalifa impacted on me for the past months, his patience and everything he endured made me admire and love him more. Khalid was my first love yes, but I guess he wasn't my true love. I was willing to leave everything behind and start a new chapter of friendship with Khalid, for peace sake and for Najmah's sake.

I wasn't going to deny him his rights as her father. She needed her real father even though she had Khalifa as her father figure. I was more than willing to help Khalid move on from me and get on the right path.