" Cause it's going to be best for you, you need to move on Khalid, if she doesn't love you, you cannot force her. We can not force her Khalid"

" I'm not giving up on her"

" Khalid the earlier you accept that you've lost Faryah, the better for you, do you know how guilty I feel when I see you like this?, If I had acted as calmly as possible that day things wouldn't have been how they are now, Khalid all we need is her forgiveness and to be on good terms with her, it's what we all need to move on. If we can't get her back we just can't force her, you can't blame her, she wouldn't want to take any chances of what happened to happen to her again" Mother answered as she followed me to where I stood. " But it's definitely never going to happen again, we have a daughter together Mother, even if she doesn't love me she should at least consider the fact that her daughter needs a complete family with her biological parents"

" You want your daughter to live in a home where peace is scarce, where love isn't around?" Mother snapped at me.

" But my love is enough"

" it is not Khalid, do you want what happened to your father and I to happen to you and Faryah?"

" Don't compare my situation with that of you and Fathers" I was getting angry. She knew I didn't like talking about my father, talk less of being compared with him.

" I'm not comparing the both of you Khalid, I thought my love for your father was enough to keep us going even when he kept on maltreating me"

" I'm never going to touch her again Mother" I was honestly almost crying. I really couldn't take it anymore. " Khalid you hit her once, even if you assure your self that you can never assure her that. She has lost trust in you completely, you can't live happily in a home where trust doesn't exist" She answered calmly and placed her palms on my cheeks. I felt loved.

" It's hard to accept that I've lost her Mother" I said as I slammed myself on the couch. " You'll eventually get over it" she answered as she went to take our plates from the kitchen and handed mine to me. " Here, I can't let you go hungry" Mother said and I smiled as I collected my plate from her. " I got a teddy bear for her, Najmah, it was so cute, purple and small and very soft, Zarah helped me get it" I answered as I dropped my plate on the centre table. " you'd better pick that plate up and eat boy" Mother said and I laughed a little at her threat and took my plate of food into my hands.

I ate slowly as I remembered what Zahra told me before leaving me alone at the park. Her mother killed her father. She must've lived a lonely life. " Mother, after I met up with Faryah, I kind of hung out with Zahra and we had a little fun before I asked who she really was"

" Why'll you want to ask her that?" She asked as she ate her meal. " I'm just curious Mother" I answered as I ate a bit from my food. " Don't ask her about her personal life, Isn't she just your secretary?"

" It's not bad knowing where my secretary comes from, is it?"

" It's not, but if she doesn't want you to know then don't ask"

" But Mother, I already asked and she kind of told me some stuff before running away" I replied as I remembered how she quickly got up and left me alone to sit on the bare grass. " What did she say?"

" Her mother was released from prison today" I answered and watched her mood change. " oh no, is she okay?"

" She seems to be okay, she's trying to hold up a huge barrier so all the pain she's feeling inside won't show outside, but part of me feels it's eating her up" I answered. " That's sad, I wonder what happened"