Chapter 3: Dalgom

It was already half past six in the morning, Jisoo's alarm clock kept ringing but she was reluctant to get up. Few minutes later, after gathering all her energy she got up frustrated by the unbearable sound of the alarm.

Time skip:

She checked herself one last time in the mirror and left for her new workplace ensuring all the doors and windows were locked.

It was all silent throughout the way, she rarely saw people while walking.

After sometime she was standing in front of a huge building. She entered the place walking slowly, analysing her surroundings. Her job was assigned as the employee in the editorial wing of the company.

After a short talk with the receptionist she entered the cabin of her now to be boss. At first she thought her boss will be some cold man but felt relieved at the sight of an old lady who welcomed her with a genuine smile. She too smiled back while greeting her and sat on the chair infront.

"Welcome to the company Ms. Kim Jisoo you can refer to me as Mrs. Minamoto your new boss. You can start working from tomorrow. Hope you'll enjoy working here, wish you all the best for your new job" said the old lady.

"Thank you so much ma'am! It will be my pleasure to work here." - Jisoo.

"Ms. Kim I would like to show you your place and introduce you to your new colleagues before beginning your work if you don't mind" said Mrs. Minamoto.

"No not at all ma'am" said Jisoo.

She went out of the cabin following her boss from behind to the editorial wing.

"Attention everyone! This is Kim Jisoo our new employee who will be working in this wing from tomorrow onwards. Please take care and help her if needed."

All employees looked at Jisoo and flashed her a warm smile, she also bowed them back.

________

It was five in the evening, she was returning from her workplace. The day turned out to be much better than her expectations. Her new colleagues and even her boss were very nice with a down to earth attitude. She had made many friends and one of them was Atsumi who will be working just beside her.

She was lost in her own thoughts until her steps came to a halt. It was a small pet shop. She thought it was strange for a pet shop to be located at such a deserted place but atlast decided to have a visit.

She was welcomed by a lady probably in her 30s who greeted her. Jisoo thought every person is so nice here.

There were very few animals in the shop as expected but out of all, one got her attention.

It was a small white Maltese dog who was very fluffy. She immediately took him into her arms and began caressing him. He licked her fingers showing his affection causing her heart to melt.

"He seems to like you and I wonder you do too" said the shop owner and Jisoo nodded.

"Why don't you take it with you? He was left here by its owner as she shifted her house and I am sure the dog will be much happy with you than here" said the shop owner with excitement.

She thought a little then finally decided to take the dog as she will not be alone anymore in the house and it will be a great time to play and care for him.

She named the adorable thing Dalgom and smiled. The dog let out a small bark and licked her face.

While walking back home she saw a shadow near the dark alley but ignored it.

* * * *

SPOILER ALERT!

Dalgom will play the main role in the encounter of the two protagonists of the story - Kim Taehyung and Kim Jisoo.