13. rewind

this chapter is about what happened after his death, basically a continuation of chapter one.

3RD PERSON

After Sawamura's death was announced they went back to dorms where they already put the stuff they were gonna use for celebration in the dining room.

All the decorations and food were just a waste cause nobody felt the need to celebrate or eat, well the only person who is eating now is Masuko and he's crying silently while doing it.

The boys had nationals the following week and they knew they had to play their best but they didnt know if it was even gonna be their best.

Nobody had the energy to do anything other than mourning the loss of their southpaw pitcher.

By now the news had spread throughout the whole entire highschool baseball community and everybody was pitying Seido since it was the first time in a long while that they were going to nationals and can't even celebrate.

The following days the boys resumed practice. The coach was gonna make them dropout because he didn't think they were in their right mindset to play but the team protested against it saying that they wanted to do it and they have to do it, not for them but for Sawamura because they all knew how badly he wanted to take the team to nationals.

He wasn't even the ace but he played like one for the whole tournament.

Miyuki was overworking himself and Kuramochi tried his best to make sure he doesn't go overboard.

Kuramochi was at the point where everytime he went into the dorm he kept thinking about the 'only ifs' and would barely get any sleep.

Furuya barely talked anymore, I mean he wasn't really a talkative person to begin with but it got to a point where the only answer you could get out of him was a nod. Sawamura was the first person he thought of him as a rival and friend. There was never a time that he thought he was better than him because he knew the time that he spent on his yips Sawamura would use that time to run infront of him.

Haruchi tried to keep everyone on track and by doing that he keeps himself busy so he doesn't fall into depression of losing one of his closest friends, Miyuki is the hardest one to handle because he's stubborn.

Chris sometimes came to help and got through to Miyuki a little bit. Chris worked harder on recovering to get the memories of the accident out of his mind cause most of the time he couldn't get a good sleep. He didnt want to go into his old mindset cause he knew that the southpaw wouldn't want that for him.

Miyuki didnt know what to do with himself anymore and kept on drowning himself in practice, being the captain of the team he wanted to be the one to step up and tell everybody that they should just focus on winning nationals and save the mourning for later but he himself knew that it was easier said than done so he kept his mouth shut.

The accident affected the team but everybody would agree if somebody told them that it took a toll on Miyuki the most because of how close he was with the pitcher.

They lost in the semi finals of Nationals and thats when everyone broke down. Miyuki managed to injure himself during the match and had to sit out the final inning making them send in Okumura.

Furuya was doing well till he ran out of stamina and gave up the mound to Kawakami.

When it was time for Eijun's funeral his family only invited the people who was close to him. Seidos baseball team with the third years from Eijun's first year, Coach Kataoka, Rei and of course Eijun's friends from Nagano was there.