8. luck

REI POV

When Miyuki came back from changing we travelled to Nagano. It was Monday and Miyuki had school so I wasn't sure if I should bring him but I warned him saying that if his grades drop I'm never gonna let him go anywhere with me again.

During the trip I called Coach Katoaka letting him know that I took Miyuki with me.

We finally reached Nagano after about an hour and a half and made our way to the bleachers where we decided to sit in the crowded middle part.

I glanced over to the side to see Miyuki's eyes wandering like he was looking for something or someone rather. After a second he turned to me and asked "Rei-chan what are the names of the two schools playing?"

"It's Akagi Junior High and Nishiro Junior High." I said

"Did you know that small team over there doesn't have a coach?" A man said seeming to be talking to his friend.

"Akagi Junior High right? That's what I've been thinking. It looks like the Ace is making all the calls though it's a little risky he makes them at the right time."

I look over to said team eyes widening. Many teams don't really make it far without a coach but anything can happen plus that ace seems to be taking up most of the people's attention when he pitches and that's why I was drawn to him.

He has a lot of talent and if I could get to scout him and bring him over to Seidou I think in the future he'll be a big asset on our team.

I smiled pushing up my glasses and looking over to Miyuki again "What do you think about that ace at Akagi." I asked

I see Miyuki smirked not taking his eyes off the boy "He's not a bad pitcher. He's already ahead of the other team in game planning even knowing when to take risks. Though his teammates are not half bad people would still think that it's a one-man team. But still, he and his teammates look like their having fun."

I stared at him in shock it looks like he too is very interested in that pitcher.

"Rei-chan you really do have an eye for talent 'cause I'm sure you are the only one here who would scout somebody from a team full of nobodies." Miyuki stated laughing a bit which I'm sure had two meanings.

He either was talking about Akagi's ace or when I scouted him from his team when he was a little boy even though I was there for Chris but still I saw his talent and he stood out to me from that team who had no motivation to win. I was just lucky enough to find two diamonds. One in the open and the other in the rough.

"Well, seeing how determined they look I'm sure they are gonna climb their way up the ranks one by one and prove everybody wrong." I smiled softly continuing to watch the game.

I pray that they come out on top cause I'm sure not many people are expecting a school made out of nobodies to win against a powerhouse school.

People might be thinking that Akagi just have bad luck because they were still in the first round but as I said anything can happen.

The match was still going with Akagi leading 5/4 they were in the 5th inning which was gonna be the last inning if Akagi got another point or it will continue if Nishiro held them off. If that happened it would be the downfall of Akagi because even though Sawamura looks completely fine like he's done this before the others looked like they were reaching their limits but their eyes show that they were still determined to get this last point not for them but for their ace.