11. opportunity

SAWAMURA'S POV

After we bought the groceries for the kitchen we went back to Seido and I went back home with Rei-chan, of course not before they added me to a group chat.

The following days I played in nationals with my friends. We made it to the semi-finals before we lost. I was trying not to cry but failed. After I thank the people we gathered along the way who supported us.

We got interviewed by a lot of television personalities and after that we went back home and celebrated at my house. There was a lot of food and decorations all over the place. My parents and my grandpa congratulated us, I got a few hits today from him but it was fine because I know that he was happy.

The doorbell rang and my mom went to get it while we continued playing games. My father and I were playing the arm wrestling game and we were going for three rounds. Even though I acquired most of the muscles from my first year it wasn't enough, my dad won our little game ending at 2 to 1.

That was a struggle my hands stinging a bit from his tight grip. My mom came back with a foreign-looking person and asked me and my father if we can excuse ourselves and we did. She also asked Grandpa but he said he was going to keep my friends company while we were gone.

We went upstairs and we sat around a table. The foreigner began to introduce himself.

"My name's Mike Anderson and I'm a scout from America's international baseball Institution in America" He cleared his throat. "I've been watching Sawamura since his first game at Nationals and I see a lot of potential in him."

"So you're saying that you want Eijun to go to your school?" My father asked and I looked at Mike shocked.

Oh come on couldn't you have waited till I'm out of high school or something? The only reason that I wanted to come back to the past was to protect my friends. It wouldn't make sense for me to go to America, that would defeat the whole purpose.

"Sir I already have a school that I want to go to here in Japan and it has been the school I wanted to go to for a long while now." I said, I looked over to my mother and she looked like she was thinking.

"We were planning to have you for the full 3 years if you agreed but since you said there was another school you wanted to go to we wouldn't mind having you for the summer." He negotiated, he looked like he was determined in his mind to have me go to their institution at least once "And if you want you can continue to go every summer."

I mean it was a good deal but I don't know if I wanted to be absent for one of my first intense training if I make it to the first string. Even though I already know how it is, I bonded a lot with my senpais and first-year friends at that time.

"Sir, I'll think about it." I said, if I said no I'm sure he would've just asked again.

"We are not pressuring you. You and your parents can think about it and when you have an answer you can call me." He said smiling kindly, giving us his card and my dad walked him out thanking him and apologizing for him coming all this way for an unsure answer but he said it was fine and it wasn't a problem. My father came back and seated himself beside Mom again.

My mom looked at me studying my face "I don't really like the idea of you staying far away from us but," she took a deep breath "if you really want to go to Seido you can go. We did a lot of thinking and we decided that it would be best for you."

"But now that Mr. Anderson came into the picture we think it would also be best if you think over his summer offer cause this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." Dad added.

Mom didn't look so sold on the fact that I'd be living in America in the summer but she also thought it would be better for me and agreed to what Dad just said.

"Thank you Mom and Dad." I hugged them tightly smiling "Dont worry I'll think about it."

They nodded and we all went back downstairs continuing our celebration but instead of me feeling lighter because I achieved something I wanted in my previous life I felt more weight on my shoulders because of this sudden change presenting itself as an opportunity.

- 🃁 - 

It's the day that I'll be moving to Seido. I called Mr. Anderson some days before telling him that I'll be accepting his offer for the summer training at his school. I'll just try it out one summer and see if I'll go the other summers. There's no need to think too hard about it and worry my head because if I do the only thing I get is a pounding headache and worried peers.

I told Rei-chan about it and she said it was okay as long as I come back before the tournament starts. When we reached Seido with my things, I knocked on the door of the room I'll be sharing with Kuramochi and Masuko. They opened the door only for me to see Kuramochi with some scary face with makeup on and a flashlight shining on his face. How could I forget about this dorm's tradition?

"Boo!"

"..." The reaction I gave was different from last time. Instead of being scared I'm trying not to laugh at how ridiculous he looks.

"Well, that was a fail." He stared at me retreating inside and I followed behind closing the door "How come you have more balls than I had last year." He took off the makeup and put down the flashlight.

'That's because you were a wimp' Masuko wrote on a paper.

"I was not! Anyways Sawamura this is Masuko, he's a third-year. Don't mind him he made a mistake in his last game and Coach took him off of first string so he punished himself by taking away his speaking abilities." I nodded even though I already knew. "Let's play some games to welcome you to our dorm but remember we have early practice tomorrow."

I already know their plan was to keep me up all night and be late for practice but I'm not that naive to let their plan go their way. But it wouldn't be bad to entertain them for a bit would it?

- 🃁 - 

Even though I did stay up with them and play games I was the first to wake up and put on my baseball uniform. I was a bit tired but it's nothing I can't handle since I've been through worse.

The others woke up 30 minutes after me. They were still sleepy so when they did notice me I heard Kuramochi mumbling under his breath "Backup plan failed."

I shook my head slightly seeing them get ready. I headed out first and stopped by Miyuki's dorm. I knocked one time and didn't hear anything, knocked two times then I heard some rumbling, knocked again the third time and heard Miyuki asked "Who is it?!"

He sounded irritated so I hid behind the wall and heard him come out, then after like 10 seconds, he closed back the door. I heard his roommate asking him who it was and he answered back saying he didn't see anybody.

Miyuki should be grateful I woke up him up early even with the trouble he got me in last time. I went along my way to the field to run a little before the others got up.

- 🂡 🂱 🃁 🃑 - 

I didn't even remember that I added my own characters to this. I was like "OMG UNCLE MIKE I FORGOT ABOUT YOU!" 😂 

anyway that's it for today! enjoy! ~xy

[ 1371 words ]