10. "im not a spy."

SAWAMURA'S POV

Azuma did some swings getting ready while I evened out the mound with my foot.

"Gimmie one kid! Im gonna hit it all the way over that fence." Azuma shouted at me.

Miyuki put his mitt to Azuma's favorite spot and of course me already knowing his plan threw it the other way.

"Ball 1," Miyuki said. "Timeout." Azuma started to complain about the timeout but we ignored him.

"Why didn't you pitch where I put my mitt?"

"Both of us knew well that he was gonna hit it. Do you take me for a fool?"

"Of course not, were partners." Miyuki smiled putting his hand over my shoulder.

"Partners, you say?" I questioned, my face was stoic but my heart was beating fast at the newly found proximity.

Too close, I managed to hold up this far you're not gonna blow my cover. I ducked under his arm getting away from his grip quickly.

"Just trust my mitt and let's go slay a monster." he said, confused he walked back to the plate but shrugged it off.

I shook my head erasing all those thoughts. Miyuki is a first-year right now. I really should be more careful.

"Sawamura your spacing out, you okay?" Miyuki asked from the plate.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I fixed my grip getting ready to throw.

I ended our little game after striking out Azuma, it was fun while it lasted.

I just remembered that I interrupted their practice and when I looked around I saw multiple people staring at me and some were talking to Miyuki. After I changed I looked back but didn't see Rei-chan.

Where is she? Isn't she suppose to take me home now? I waited in a corner seeing as I had nothing else to do staring up at the sky. I didn't realize people were walking up to me.

"You're the kid that threw the ball at my head!" I heard a familiar voice say, I look down from the sky seeing Kuramochi, Miyuki, Yuki, Ryousuke and Spitz-senpai coming towards me, oh that nickname brought back good times.

Kuramochi came over and put his hand over my shoulder I flinched thinking he was gonna choke me but I let his hand stay once I realized he wasn't.

"Sawamura! How come you let him do that but when I did it you basically threw my hands off?!" Miyuki pouted.

"It's clear he doesn't like you." Ryousuke said, his smirk not leaving his face but widening.

"You did try to pull one on him though." Yuki added.

"HEY KID! ARENT YOU TOO COCKY FOR YOUR AGE HUH? YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST-" Jun was cut off by me interrupting.

"Beard-senpai I'm not trying to be cocky." I stopped suddenly after hearing everyone burst into laughter.

"HYA HA HA! WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL HIM?!" Kuramochi held his knees laughing.

Jun was red seeing that he was given a new nickname. "DON'T CALL ME BEARD SENPAI-"

"Then Spitz-senpai?"

"DONT CALL ME THAT EITHER! MY NAME IS JUN. ISASHIKI JUN YOU BRAT."

"Jun tone down." Yuki said but it sounded was more like a command.

"Ugh fine." Jun responded.

"Can we bring this boy to the grocery store with us Rei-chan?" Ryousuke asked, I turned around seeing the person I was looking for right in front of me.

"Sure just bring him back in one piece please." She said smiling. hehe. the last time I went out with them I died in one piece- (a/n: lol I'm sorry that's not funny💀)

I know she's thinking this would be an opportunity for me to get closer to my seniors. This woman really has a way of drawing people in and making the right moves.

We walked out of the school and we talked among ourselves.

"So how's your brother Ryou-senpai?" I asked randomly mentally hitting myself for asking that question.

He looked at me with one eyebrow raised he asked "How did you know that I have a brother?"

Shit. What should I do now? I'm so dumb. Now I sound like some stalker. Hurry up think of something!

"I knew it! That kid was a spy from Seido!" I turned towards the voice seeing Mei running to us along with Carlos, except Carlos was walking.

Mei-Senpai, your a life saver! I never thought I could've made it out of this situation without your sudden outburst. I cried anime tears in my mind.

"Mei? What are you doing here?" Miyuki asked seeing his rival.

"Japan isn't a free country anymore eh?" Mei answered, "Anyway why did you send that kid to spy on us the other day?" He pointed to me.

"What spy?" Miyuki raised his eyebrow not understanding the conversation they were having.

"He came to our school a couple of months ago and challenged us."

"Number 1, I'm not a spy I'm still in Junior High. Didn't I tell you that last time? Number 2, I didn't challenge you! You were the one that asked me to play a match with your friends so don't make it seem like I was the one who suggested it. And Number 3, I'm not a kid my name's Sawamura Eijun." I started crossing my arms.

"How would I know you're not a spy?"

"I told you I wasn't."

"Well in my defense you looked suspicious AND you were watching us keenly. That was totally suspicious." I fanned him off.

"I'm not sorry to interrupt this weird conversation with you weird people but we do have groceries to buy." Kuramochi interjected.

"Oh yeah, didn't we have somewhere to go?." Mei asked Carlos who I just suddenly remembered was there. He seemed to be smirking and I can tell he was amused by our conversation.

"Yeah, we do I was waiting on you." He answered. Carlos shook his head.

"Anyway we gotta go too, see ya on the field!" Mei said turning around but stopped "Oh and Sawamura let's finish our little game next time yeah?" He continued on his way with Carlos after getting a nod from me.

Luckily no one asked me about what he meant, but I know Miyuki will. Ryou-senpai was still looking at me weirdly but he didn't push any further but I'm sure in the future he will and I hope by then I will know how to answer him.

"Sawamura you brat! You better not go to their school or I'll bat a ball in your right eye!" Jun yelled.

"Ouu~ Why are you so aggressive senpai?~ You already jealous about them stealing Sawamura-" Miyuki teased, covering his mouth giggling.

"SHUT UP!"

"Jun." Yuki warned again.

"I know, jeez" Jun sighed in defeat.

- 🂡 🂱 🃁 🃑 -

this gotta be one of my fav chapters😭

[ 1140 words ]