Chapter 2 - Am I Gay??

Kyle's POV

"I can't be gay!"

"There's no way I like men!"

Tears start slowly streaming down his face. His crusty hands trying to wipe away the tears.

The footsteps are slowly coming closer. Each step gets louder and louder.

"I can't let anyone see me like this", I whisper to myself.

I quickly get off the ground and rush to my bed. I cover my face with my pillow and pretend I'm sleeping.

Not even a second passes before I hear the door creak open. I wonder who it is.

"Hey sweetie, are you asleep?"

I try my hardest to stay still, but I know I'm shaking. I feel a hand on my head. I love my mom but I know she wouldn't feel the same about me if I told her I was gay.

"Since I'm only thirteen, maybe it's just a phase, maybe I'm just making things up."

I wish I had someone to talk to. I need to spill my secrets, empty my heart to anyone, JUST ANYONE. In the end, no one will like me anyway.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep it all to myself.

14 Years Later ~

It's my first day at a new school. I'm teaching a 6th grade class. I'm kind of disappointed because I applied as an art teacher but unfortunately, the spot was filled. As a result, I am now a 6th grade homeroom teacher. This is going to be new but I'm going positive vibes are the way to go!

I take a deep breath and my heart starts to race. I can feel my blood rushing through my veins. I can see my classroom door getting closer. The handle is finally now at arms reach. I turn the handle and I look around.

The first thing that catches my eye is a painting that looks familiar. It takes me a second to realize that the painting is called "The Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh. I look up from the painting and I hear a deep, muffled, manly voice "cAn i HeLp yOu?". I quickly turned my head to the left, only to see a tall, pale, egg-headed man looking right at me. We make eye contact for a brief second before he looks away to caress one of his paintings.

"I- i- i- i- i- i- , I'm so sorry, I thought this was my class", I plead.

"It's alright, are you new here?" His voice, deep and commanding. I feel forced.

"Y- y- yes I am" I said, still stuttering.

He slowly strutted over to me, only now did I realize how attractive and captivating his build is.

"NO" I whisper under my breath.

This man leans over to me and says "did you say something?"

"N- no, no I didn't" I say while staring into his dark blue orbs. I couldn't look away.

It was at that moment I realized, he was only inches away from my soft lips.

R- R- R- R- R- R- R- R- ING *The First Period Has Begun*

I jump and gasp, but he keeps his gaze fixed on me. "I- i- i- should go" I whisper. I turn my body but I feel a warm hand around my wrist. My heart stops. "Let me introduce you to my class, I'm assuming you have prep first period". His seductively smooth voice makes me stay. "I actually do."