Chapter 12: Denny's lizard twin

"What are your plans for tonight?", Liam asked me as we settled into our nook in the cafeteria with our lunch.

"Ya know your gal.  Got some boxes to move to the beats of Taylor Swift in my jammies.", I played it off, wiggling my fingers to some inaudible rhythm. I would rather stay in than get crushed in a party.

"Really? You have been moving into your new apartment since forever. When will you finish?

I frowned. "It's not forever. I just moved into my flat last week."

"Yeah exactly. It's been one week. You can redecorate anytime. You have been to LA for a whole month and never ventured into the nights it offers. You haven't even seen a vague famous person. You need to let loose. Have some life outside office"

"Okay first of all. A vague famous person isn't a thing. That is a total oxymoron, moron. Also, what about Dean? And I am not really into the nightclub thingy most days. I am over it. And I do have a life. Okay? I like staying in and reading to de-stress."

"Okay. You must like something other than reading?"

"Well. I like to dance I guess.", I said, munching on my tacos.

"See! That's perfect. I know the perfect place with great music and drinks."

"Liam ,why are you pushing this clubbing thing? You don't behave like this usually.", I replied suspiciously, narrowing my eyes.

Liam visibly squirmed under my alert gaze.

"Spill, Liam."

"Okay fine. I am not into this thing either. It's my husband, Nelson. He wants to meet the woman who thawed the ice around my heart and turned me into a sociable geezer.", bit out a uncomfortable Liam.

I burst out laughing at Liam's visible discomfort and displeasure. 

"Lol. Tell him I am excited to meet him too. But not at a club. Pleassseeeee."

"Uggh. You two have turned me into someone else. It hasn't even been a month and look at me. Reduced to menial chores like passing messages back and forth. Fine.", he half grumbled and half growled." How about a nice quiet dinner at home?"

"Yes. That is perfect. Deliciously so."

"Okay. I will text you the date and time. Now that that's sorted, how about  I tell you about the great dance studio Nelson heard about from our neighbor. It is apparently amazing. I think you should check it out tonight. Come on. You like dancing, don't you?"

I surrendered. "Maybe I will check it out tonight. Is that okay, DAD?"

Liam just chuckled and threw his food wrapper at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness swamped the office as one by one every coworker left. By 7 PM, almost  everyone had left. Except Iris and her brother Aiden. And of course me.

To be very honest I did not mind staying late in the office  if I could get out of meeting new people. It is not that I hated new people, but I wasn't feeling particularly inclined towards meeting them right now. One could say I was not in the right head space. So even though I had completed all my tasks for the day, I started on tomorrow's work to get ahead of it and give a legitimate excuse to Liam tomorrow on why I hadn't followed through my plan.

I was so wrapped up in my own head that I did not notice someone come up beside my desk.

"What are you doing so late?"