Chapter Four: So cliche, isn't it?

LA was the city of stars

Because I could clearly see them in front of my head from banging my head after falling face first on the ground when someone behind me on the pane's makeshift staircase"accidentally"pushed my slow ass.

Sarcasm to be duly noted.

Yeah! I hadn't put my one leg out in slow motion and swaggered like they do in films, I had fallen face first.

Clumsy much?

Well in my defense, I and the ground have a very good chemistry between us and I like to kiss it from time to time.

After all, a woman gotta do what is needed to have a healthy relationship.

Clinging to some last shreds of dignity, I finally gathered myself and stood up, my long raven hair in my face so as to shield my embarrassment.

"h-hi!!", I awkwardly stuttered out and waved at the people who had gathered around to watch my antics.

There was silence on their part.

They all looked like I had grown a Sixth head and a dragon tail.

What? Didn't they like my greeting?

Well Whatever!

Hopefully praying that somehow Aladdin had appeared and made it a little, no, a lot less  heavier, I grabbed my suitcase from the baggage area.

Nope! looks like Aladdin hates me.

Stepping outside the airport, I put on my bad ass ray-bans and called a cab.

"Miss! Where would you want me to take you?", the driver asked.

" Can you please take me to A.S. Group of Companies headquarters? You know the address right?", I politely replied.

He just shrugged and said," Of course Ma'am. Who doesn't know that great huge building", as he started the engine.

Yes! I was going to start the first day at my office today only. The receptionist had earlier called me, citing that I had to"immediately come as soon as I land".

I wanted to argue because I had to go to apartment hunting too in this new city. The Wesley's wanted me to live with them but I didn't want to impose myself on them.I had an okay pay and would be able to afford my own apartment.

I looked outside the taxi window.

I would miss New York. But I am excited about my life here too, in Hollywood, my new home.

Would I get to see superstars buying groceries on the streets here?

We came to a stop. Looking , I saw we had reached my destination. I quickly paid the driver and stepped out of the cab.