Checkmate

"Oh? How ironic to run into you... my love"

There was an annoying emphasis on "love" how his voice purred and mocked you as your arm linked with Nanami's. Your unknowingly tight grip around Nanami's arm loosed in reflex, knowing Mahito would get jealous. It wasn't that you were still with him, but there was still a loyalty you had. Like a last drop of water falling from a leaf, clinging to not fall. As if there was nothing more but to hold on. Yet a feeling of "guilt" suddenly arose in you not wanting to let go. But faded just as quickly knowing you're not with him anymore. The one drop that clung to the leaf fell into a greater ocean, so vast and full of possibilities. No longer waiting to be absorbed into the leaf that was once known as home. You were free of him.

As a stiffening silence filled the atmosphere you pulled onto Nanami's coat. He noticed your discomfort but he wanted to know who Mahito was to you. Nana I glared at he light haired man looking at you with such lust filled eyes, as his eyes wandered along your body as if he could peel away the short dress with his eyes alone.

Nanami knew by just the way he looked at you there was more history to him then just a simple "friend". He felt a strange feeling of jealousy. Although his intentions were only to keep you as a friend with benefits, but your difficult and challenging personality captivated him. He wanted you more and more but denied it. His emotions for you tethered back and forth, but he just knew that he wanted you near him.

"Hm? Love?" Nanami looked to Mahito unfazed as he held his emotions within. You could never read the man's dull expressions, you wanted to know what he was thinking.

Mahito didn't even look to Nanami, ignoring his comment, and talked directly to you. Mahito was stern but also playful as he spoke. His voice always provoking his target. This time his target was not only you, but Kento Nanami.

"Guess you did fuck the business man..." you felt Nanami's grip on your waist tighten as Mahito stepped closer to you. His mouth forming a devilish smirk and his voice spoke playfully, "Tell me y/n...Did you tell him who am? It's only right to tell him about the man that got you that name Huntress," he gave a side eyed smirk as he looked up to Nanami and held his eye contact. "or the man that taught you how to fuck so good. Fuck I miss that sweet of you" he gave a slight chuckle, and looked back to you. Nanami scoffed under his breath, trying his best to ignore the arrogant man in front of him. It took him twice as much not to punch him right there as he reached for your face.

He placed a hand onto your cheek pushing a strand of hair behind your ear. His rough cold hands on your face made a shiver run down your spine. Disgusted at him but still felt the inability to move away. How your body wanted to fall into his haunting touch but your anger and hate toward him held you away. Not only your emotions but the hand on your waist griping onto you, how his touch made you want to melt into his arms even more.

"You look stunning like always...damn it how I missed you..." you had to admit he made you feel good at times, not every moment was terrible. But every good moment you could think of he was between your legs, or behind the wheel. You couldn't deny that you loved him, maybe there was a small piece of you that still did. But the truth was, he never loved you, only what you could physically do for him.

You swatted his hand away, "Oh fuck off Mahito..." you pulled him by his white collared shirt and slammed him against a near by wall. Your anger that had been pent up, all that time wasted on him. The love that was wasted. How he turned you into a cold hearted racer, no longer a woman that could love because of him. Every once of love made you feel doubtful, if love could ever be returned, if anyone could love you for you. His toxic love turned you into the woman that was strong enough to stand against him. But also into the woman that was too weak to love.