chapter 11: off the trail

day 474

"marcus and y/n, go help eachother pack up the necessities for everyone. pack lightly, we will be walking for a long time carrying our stuff to find more people," evelyn signs. marcus and i look at eachother while i hold the baby. he wraps his arm around my shoulder as we head up the stairs. "baby supplies, a little food, tools, and other supplies we may need," marcus signs. i nod as we reach the top of the stairs. we each grab a backpack, switching the baby to one another putting the backpacks on. we grab the baby's case with the oxygen tank and out the baby in there. we grab supplies and fill four backpacks with everything we need.

a couple hours later, we are stepping off of the front porch. regan is holding a map and will direct us where to go. she told us that she saw another fire, meaning that there is someone out there. marcus and i hold one end of the baby case with backpacks strapped on our back. regan leads, marcus and i follow with evelyn behind us at the back of the line.

we are nearing the end of the sand trail that has been keeping us silent. regan looks at us letting us know that we are stepping off of the trail for the first time since these creatures arrived. we follow train tracks all the way until we reach some sort of factory. we have been following the train tracks for about two days and we have finally reached some sort of destination.

-
a/n
once again this is a short chapter, but it's setting up the scene for the rest of part II. the next chapter will be more exciting.