chapter 7: red lights

day 473

          i take evelyn's hand and help her down the stairs and towards the basement. we hurry down and make it towards the basement stairs. as we go down the stairs evelyn let's go of me. i look over and see her crying silently in pain. i look up and down seeing that he foot is bleeding. she must've stepped on something sharp. she moved her arms up and accidentally knocked over a picture frame. i grab her hand and squeeze it to let her know i'm there for her. she points to the light box signaling for me to turn the lights red. the red lights signal that evelyn is in labor to anyone who isn't in the house. i go over to switch the lights as evelyn takes her foot off of the step. she turns around to see one of those creatures.

          evelyn ushers me behind the plumbing in the basement to hide me. i hide with my head in my knees, and my arms wrapped around my legs in a tight ball. evelyn goes off to do something and she comes back and hides with me. we hold each others hand as we wait silently. i hear creaking from the stairs telling me that the creature is coming down. i hear ticking and then a timer goes off. the creature runs away and we get up and run.

          evelyn grabs my hand and pulls me out of the basement. we go upstairs and into her and lee's bathroom. she lays down in the bathtub as blood pools out of her. a few minutes pass by and i hear creaking noises. i tightly hold evelyns hand and close my eyes. i hear evelyn's breathing getting heavier and i assume the baby is coming out. within a few seconds we hear the fireworks and evelyn screams.

          i grab the baby with the towel and give it to evelyn. i sign, "go into the shower i'm going to go find everyone else." i hold the baby and help evelyn get out of the bathtub and into the shower. i leave the house in search of the rest of the family.

-
a/n
so how do we feel? almost nearing the end of part 1!!