chapter 10: feedback

day 474

          we follow evelyn down the stairs into the basement. evelyn gives marcus and i the baby and we sit against the wall. marcus looks down at his new sibling lovingly. i lean against his shoulder tired from today's events. i see evelyn holding her shotgun, and regan checking out lee's workspace. i start to cry and marcus looks over at me. today was mentally exhausting and i felt the need to let out some tears. marcus moves closer to me and lets me cry on his shoulder while he holds the baby.

          i see regan and evelyn crying and signing about something i don't understand. i hear creaking and look up to see a large shadow. i see evelyn with her gun cocked and pointed to the top of the stairs. i turn to see marcus worried, watching the staircase. i bury my head into marcus's shoulder and hold him tightly.

          i hear some loud, high pitched noise and i look up to see regan holding up something to the microphone that's connected to a speaker that's causing loud feedback. the baby starts crying and marcus and i try to calm it down. the noise gets louder and then i hear evelyn shoot her gun. the creature falls to the ground dead. marcus starts crying and i soon do too.  i take the baby from marcus and hold it tightly, leaning against marcus's shoulder. evelyn comes up to us and kisses us both on the forehead worried. we all sit there for a while and we all know what we must do.

-
a/n
and that's a wrap for part 1! part 2 will still be in the same book, but it will be starting from the beginning of a part 2 of the movies!