chapter 1: the beginning of it all

"mom can i please go to marcus's baseball game?" i asked my mom. "will lee and evelyn be there to watch you?" mom asked. "yes you have nothing to worry about. marcus invited me and i want to go and watch him play," i answered. mom replies, "okay just have evelyn or lee drop you back home by six tonight." "thank you so much mom!" i yelled walking out the front door to go and meet up at the abbotts'.

in 5 minutes i reach their house and make my way to the front porch. i knock on the door and regan welcomes me in. "hi regan where is marcus?" i sign. regan signs, "he's upstairs waiting for you." "thank you," i sign back. i run up the stairs and see lee at the top of the stairs. "hey lee!" i exclaim. "hey y/n! how are you?" lee asks. "i'm pretty good! excited for marcus's game!" i answer. lee replies, "alright we'll leave in fifteen minutes." i give him a thumbs up and make my way to marcus's room.

i get to marcus's room and knock on the door. marcus yells, "come in!" i open the door to see marcus practicing his baseball swings. "oh hi there y/n! i take it your mom let you come?" marcus questioned. "yeah she did. what are you practicing for? you'll do great i know it!" i state. i go over and lay down on his bed. he drops his bat and comes over and lays down next to me. "i'm just nervous that's all," marcus said. i sighed and replied, "you have nothing to worry about. the whole family will be there cheering you on! and me of course." "i guess," marcus replied. soon after we hear evelyn yell, "kids it's time to go! dad had to go pick up some stuff so we will take separate cars. come down now,"

we all head to the garage and make our way into the car. regan sits in the passenger seat, while i sit in the middle between marcus and beau. we make our way down main street and then to the baseball diamond. evelyn parks the car and we get out and head to the bleachers. we all say bye to marcus while he goes to meet up with his baseball team.

-
a/n:
hey guys first chapter! sorry if it's a little short, i am just setting the scene. things will start to escalate more so that means longer chapters! please vote if you enjoyed this first chapter and thank you for reading!