chapter 3: home

day 89

we are at the general store because marcus needs some medicine. marcus became sick so we needed to get some supplies for him. i help evelyn search for the medicine we need so we can go back home safe and sound. i hate being outside of the farm, it's scary that there is a possibility of you being killed by one of those creatures if you make any kind of noise. lee, beau, and regan are getting other supplies we may need in the main area of the store, while evelyn, marcus, and i are in the pharmacy area. we finally find the right medication and marcus takes a dose. we are ready to go back home. before we go back home we are stopped at the exit because beau grabbed a toy rocket that could possibly make noise. lee signs to him that it's too loud and is dangerous for us.

lee picks up marcus and carries him on the way back home. i follow lee, evelyn follows me, regan follows me, and beau is at the end of the line following regan. we walk barefoot on the sand path leading us home. i hear some kind of toy coming from behind me and i turn around. i realize that beau somehow got the toy rocket again and is playing with it and it is making sound. within a second, lee drops marcus and runs to beau before one of those creatures gets him. it's too late, lee wasn't fast enough and beau was killed.

i run over to marcus to try and comfort him. he's been my best friend since kindergarten, and we are 13 now so that's a long time. i look over to see evelyn and regan crying and lee coming back over looking defeated. we trudge back home with one less person than what we started with.

-
a/n
okay guys i've made the decision to do a bunch of short chapters, but each chapter is basically going to cover each scene or area of the movie. this is all going to be from y/n's point of view so it will be shorter. please vote if you enjoy this :))