Day 4: Conditions

Weisz paced back and forth down the corridors. The sight of Shiki and Homura walking together was still fresh in his mind. Now matter how tightly he shut his eyes, it only grew more and more prominent in his mind. A low groan escaped from his mouth as he ran his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner.

"Weisz?"

"Yeah?" He asks. Normally, he'd try his hardest to present himself in a decent manner. Now, with the raw, red hot jealousy still running through his blood, the last thing on his mind was saving face.

"What's wrong?"

Weisz decided to spare a glance behind him.

Standing a few feet away was Happy, with his head tilted and a curious look in his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be with the others watching Homura and Shiki?" He avoids the question, albeit not as subtly as he normally would.

"...Are you jealous~?" The way Happy holds out that last word in a teasing manner is just enough to peeve Weisz even more.

"So what if I am?" The second the words leave his mouth, Weisz realizes how condescending he sounded. "It's none of your concern." This time, his voice softens as he averts his gaze away from the android.

"You know..." Happy continues. "I won't press you about it, but... maybe you should talk to Homura!" The cat suggests.

Weisz huffs. "I'll think about it." He removed one of his hands from his pockets to wave goodbye, before stalking off deeper into the ship's quarters.

He'll think about it, he said. And think about it he did. As of late he could never get the swordswoman out of his head- her recent training sessions with Shiki only making it worse. Of course, he'd never tell anyone about it, but maybe confronting the problem directly at the source was the best approach.

Weisz waits for the ideal time to confront her (preferably) alone. Thanks to Sister's abilities, Homura would come out of the match with no injuries at all- as soon as she got out of the infirmary would probably be a great window for him to try.

As if his wish was heard by Mother herself, he caught Homura walking out of the infirmary alone. Perfect. Her eyebrows quirk up as she catches sight of the blonde. "Hello, Weisz," She nods her head, offering him a smile that makes his breath hitch in his throat.

Somehow, he's able to maintain his composure around her. "How'd it go?" He asked.

Homura's smile seemed to brighten. It stung, but only just a little. "It was very fun being able to test my new stance out. But..." Her brows furrowed. "Why didn't you come?" She asked.

Weisz shrugged. "Had some other stuff to do," He lied. "Don't worry about it."

Halfway during this conversation, Weisz comes to the realization that he has no clue what he's supposed to be talking about. As he tries to think of something, Homura starts to walk away. "I hope you'll attend next time," She says.

The moment she walks right by him, Weisz turns around, grabbing her hand. "Wait."

Homura freezes instantly, tilting her head back to look at Weisz. "Hm? Do you need something?"

Weisz curses under his breath for acting so strangely- he's going into this situation blind as all hell. Here's to hoping he won't make a fool out of himself. "Wanna bet?"

"Bet?" Homura mimics, the confusion on her face growing more evident. "What for?"

"Well I can't just sit by as you and Shiki get stronger," This bit, for once, isn't a lie. He really does wish to become stronger. He just knows he probably wouldn't fare so well in a one on one fight with either of them. Maybe this could work. "Let's just do a good old fashioned race."

Homura hums, taking a moment to consider his proposal. "Alright."

Weisz internally cheers. Although it's probably not the best solution, he'll at least get some time alone with her. Despite that, there was still a part of him that wanted more. "How about we make it more interesting too?"

"What do you have in mind?" Homura questions.

"We add the condition that the loser has to do whatever the winner wants." The corners of Weisz's lips etch upwards into a smirk. Now this was definitely his forte.

Homura nods her head. "I won't say it out loud, but I am curious as to what you have in mind." She mumbles, to which Weisz chuckles.

"So what do you say?" He prods.

Homura smiles. "I'll agree to this race of yours."

This could either go great or horribly- and Weisz was ready to find out.

Word Count: 780

Author's Note: Really happy with this chapter! I actually started earlier and the day and didn't scramble to finish it. I did accidentally fall asleep for an hour in the middle of it and may or may not have had a breakdown, but I'm alright now. Excited for the next chapter, hehehe!