Day 1: Ribbon

For once in his life, Weisz had a bit of time to kill. Of course, it wasn't much, given how close the Edens Zero was to its next stop, but it was still something. He might as well enjoy it before they land and almost immediately get dragged into some troublesome situation due to Shiki's antics. Of course, he'll probably be forced to fight as well.

Don't get him wrong- it's not as if he wasn't excited to fight. Ever since he first debuted as Arsenal, he was always itching for a chance to shine yet again. But then again, a break every now and then could be nice.

He strolled down the corridors of the ship aimlessly, hands in his pockets as whistled and walked around. After about a minute or so, he finds himself standing in front of the Edens Zero wardrobe room.

Weisz hums as he recalls the last time he had been in there. His lips crack into a sly smile as he remembers the bunny suit and how good it had looked on-

The door opens before him. Weisz is startled out of his thoughts (it was probably for the better) due to the sudden motion. Yet, there's no one at the door. Perhaps he had moved slightly forward and triggered the motion sensor?

Taking the hint, Weisz entered the spacious room, his eyes scanning the space. To his surprise, there was someone in there, adorning a new outfit and admiring it in one of the big mirrors.

"Velvet looks surprisingly good on you," Weisz hummed, leaning against a wall.

Homura let out a small (and although he'd never admit it out loud, kind of cute) yelp and jumps in surprise, bringing her hands to her chest as she whips around to face him. "Oh," She exhales, lowering her hands. "It's just you."

"What, no 'hello?' Not even a 'thank you' for the compliment?" Weisz teased.

"Ah," Homura averted her gaze for a moment. "My apologies."

Weisz chuckled. "I'm just messing with ya," He pushes himself off the wall, approaching Homura with a confident stride. "So, why the sudden change in outfit?" He asks.

The swordswoman shrugs. "I just wanted to try something different. I've never felt anything velvet before, and I don't wear too many lavender colored things. But..." She pursed her lips, looking at her reflection yet again. "Something feels off."

Weisz's eyes scan her up and down a few times, eventually landing on the ribbon tied around her torso. "Maybe it's the ribbon?" He asked.

"The ribbon?" Homura takes the fabric into her hands. It's a dark blue color.

"The color. Maybe a lighter color would work. Or black- that goes with everything, doesn't it?" Weisz suggested.

Homura brought a hand up to cover her mouth. "I won't say it aloud, but... didn't you just say a lighter color would work? Black isn't lighter..." She mumbled.

"Ah." Weisz bit his lip. "Damn. I guess you're right, my bad."

"Oh? Did I say that out loud?" Homura asked.

Weisz clicks his tongue, nodding his head as he stifles a laugh. "Yeah. But it's alright."

Homura hummed. "Can I ask what made you think of black? I understand a lighter color, but..." Her voice trailed off as she tilted her head slightly to the side.

It was Weisz's turn to shrug. "When we first met, you had a black ribbon on."

"Ah," Homura smiles. "I like that outfit a lot. Perhaps I should wear it again." She turns to one of the machines nearby, inputting a code for an article of clothing.

Maybe it's the way she words it, but a question enters Weisz's mind. "Hey, how do you tie your ribbons?"

"Huh?" Homura hums yet again, retrieving a black ribbon from the factory. "How do I tie my ribbons?"

"Yeah," Weisz nods his head. "It looks so neat. You do that by yourself?"

Homura stands still for a moment, an unreadable expression on her face. After a bit, she smiles, turning away from him. "Here," She reaches behind her back and unties the blue ribbon currently around her. It doesn't reveal much, yet it's enough to make Weisz blush a little. "Allow me to show you. Watch carefully."

She set the blue ribbon aside, holding only the black ribbon aside. Weisz blinks, and in an instant, the black ribbon is already tied expertly around her back. "What the-?!"

"It's a very simple task, yet I enjoy it immensely each time." Homura turns around, the smile on her face disappearing when she sees the bewildered expression on the blond. "Is there a problem?"

"Is there a problem?" Weisz repeats. "Yeah, I blinked and you already finished! Slow it down!"

Homura laughs softly, and it makes his face heat up even more. "I guess its my turn to be saying 'My bad' now, huh?" She turns back around as she unties the ribbon. "Here, how about you do it and I'll walk you through it?"

"You... you want me to do it?" Weisz quirks a brow.

Homura says nothing, merely nodding and holding the ribbon out from him.

Weisz hesitates for a moment, before stepping closer to Homura and taking the ribbon from her hands. She guides him through it with slow steps- and although they're easy to understand, his shaky hands and tense movements made it a bit hard. He had never frozen up like this before near Homura until now. He's seen her in more... revealing outfits, and was still able to maintain himself around her, yet here he was, feeling like he was about to take flight.

Perhaps it was because of those more revealing outfits that he's so flustered now. He thinks for a moment as he finishes up the ribbon, and he can't recall them having such a pure, intimate moment as wholesome as this.

"You did a great job," Homura's voice breaks him out of his trance. She turns around to face him. "What do you think? I picked black, as you suggested."

Weisz's eyes scan her up and down yet again. "Yeah," He turns his head away, bringing his hand up to the back of his neck. "It's nice." He bites the inside of his cheek in a lame attempt to will away the blush rising back up to his face. "I like it."

Homura giggles slightly, and Weisz feels as if he just lost a year off of his lifespan. Maybe he should visit the infirmary sometime and get himself checked out- there was definitely something wrong with him if he was feeling this way over something as simple as tying a ribbon.

At least it's not a bad feeling. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

Word Count: 1119

Author's Note: I may or may not have uhhhh taken a nap instead of writing this... Sorry if it seems a bit rushed! I want to start posting one chapter a day, so I'm trying to practice writing less, because, well, I may or may not tend to ramble a lot and make my works longer than they need to be. But hey, I get told it's super descriptive and very good, so maybe I should just try to writer faster? I'm not sure.