Day 3: Jealousy

"Yo!" Shiki approached Homura with his usual large grin on his face. "You ready for today?"

"I am very ready." Homura nodded her head, offering the boy an enthusiastic smile. "I have a new stance that I'd like to try."

Shiki let out an excited holler as the two made their way to the sparring room of the Edens Zero.

As of late, Homura and Shiki have been sparring against one another for combat practice. Being able to fight against a crewmate as opposed to one of the many enemies they'd encounter on their adventures proved to be beneficial to the both of them. They wouldn't have to worry about what would happen if they lost and they could even have fun during their sessions.

"Wait!" The two stop in their tracks, turning to face the direction the voice came from. "Can we come with?" Rebecca asks, a big smile on her face.

Shiki hums in thought. "You guys wanna fight us as well? Like a foursome?"

Weisz snorts, biting down hard on the inside of his cheek in order to stifle his laughter from Shiki's choice of words.

Rebecca elbows his shoulder a bit harder than necessary. "No, I'm not interested in a four way fight. What about you, Weisz?"

"Are you crazy?" Weisz has seen these fights with his own two eyes. Shiki and Homura are incredibly strong- probably two of the strongest people he's ever met in his life. "Fighting against both of these two at the same time by myself?" He scoffs. "I'd prefer to stay alive, thanks."

"Aww," Shiki pouted. "Maybe next time. For now, let's get this spar started!" He cheers, resuming his path towards the sparring room.

Weisz's eyes travel to the girl standing next to him. Although she's kept silent on the matter, he's able to catch a glimpse of the slight frown on her face before she walks away. Weisz averts his gaze, crossing his arms.

He's seen this scene many times before- Shiki and Homura heading off to train together- yet, every time he watches Homura walk away with Shiki looking as happy as ever, there's a part of his mood that sours almost instantly.

"Weisz?" The voice next to him catches his attention. "Aren't you coming to watch them?" Pino asks, lightly tugging on the end of his pants.

Weisz clicks his tongue. "I'd rather not." He answers, failing to entirely mask the envy coursing through his veins. "Not today at least. You have fun though." He cracks a smile at Pino, before he heads off in the opposite direction.

Pino, a bit confused by the strange behavior, is half tempted to ask him about it. Before she has the chance to, however, the blond is already walking away, hands tucked into his pockets. With nothing else left to do, Pino decides to go after the others, left to wonder just what was going on with Weisz.

Word Count: 488

Author's Note: I know I said I wanted to experiment with shorter chapters but... I think this is overkill LOL I fell asleep and woke up at 11:47pm, my apologies. Today was the last day of school though, so I'll have more time :D I went back and rewrote it a bit.