20

It wasn't long until Bailey had Gilmore Hodge scared, especially when Bucky had come in to remind her that they would be leaving that night.

"Y-your the sergeants girl?!" Gilmore asked, becoming more scared of her.. and what Bucky could do to him.

But Bucky just laughed as he stood there. "Well, is that a problem?" He asked Gilmore.

The two watched as the soldier shook his head. "I wouldn't have asked for her to be my medic if I knew!" He said.

Bailey sighed, listening as Gilmore just kept making the situation worse and worse. "Alright hodge, we get it." She said, "now if you keep acting Like that, more people will hate you."

"Just shut it, hodge." Bucky said, "she's mine. End of story. Find someone else that's actually dumb enough to like you alright?"

Gilmore nodded as both bailey and Bucky walked out of the tent. "Before I forget, colonel wants to talk to you before we go." Bucky said, "he said something about wanting to actually meet you."

Bailey laughed, kissing his cheek. "Alright, go to my bunk. I'll meet you there after I talk to Phillips." She said, Bucky nodding his head and tipping his hat as he walked away.

•••

"Dr Connors, nice to actually meet you." Colonel Phillips said as she went into the directors tent. "Stark hasn't shut up about you.. so you better he good."

Bailey nodded. "It's nice to meet you too." She said, shaking his hand. "And I can assure you, those men will make history."

Colonel Phillips nodded, handing bailey a map. "These are all the locations you guys will be invading. They are quite the distance apart, so I arranged a car for your little troop."

"Oh they're not my troop, they're Captain Rogers' troop. I'm just the medic." Bailey said.

"Yes." Colonel Phillips nodded, raising his eyebrow. "A medic who took a dosage of the super soldier serum." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "So I know damn well your also capable of fighting if it's necessary. Especially with the dosage you received."

Bailey furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait." She said, "your encouraging me to fight?" She asked.

Phillips nodded. "We can't let the serum go to waste. We have to put it to the test."

"But what about the whole big rule that women can't fight in the war?" Bailey asked, "are we just ignoring it or something?"

"I guess so." Phillips said, "just no screw ups and we'll be clear of charges."

Bailey nodded, sticking the map in her pocket and smiling. "Well, is that all?" She asked before leaving.

Phillips shook his head. "Actually, one more thing." He said, "since your going into battle, we need to have an emergency contact for you just in case. Anyone In particular?"

The girl stood there for a second, thinking who she could set as her contact. "Well, do whoever sergeant Barnes has down." She said, knowing she really did have no one else to put down.

Colonel Phillips nodded, going through the files to find Bucky's. "Oh and one last thing." He said, "just sign right here so we have written proof of your consent on this mission."

Bailey nodded, grabbing a pen and signing down her name on a sheet of paper. "Be safe out there, Doctor." Phillips said, saluting the girl as she walked out of the tent.

•••

As bailey walked into her bunk, she spotted Bucky sitting on the uncomfortable bed resisting the urge to look inside the box. He was so focused on staring at it, that he hadn't even noticed she was standing there.

"What ha doin?" Bailey asked, watching Bucky jump up and out of his gaze.

"I- what's in the box?" He asked, "I was going to look but I didn't want you to think I was snooping around."

Bailey laughed, picking up the box and taking each thing out. Bucky smiled at the suit she had gotten, touching the bulky camouflage cargo pants pocket that held the small rod. "What's that?" He asked, pulling it out.

"Oh you won't believe me if I told you." Bailey smirked, "which is why your going to have to wait till I use it."

Bucky sighed. "Oh come on, bails." He said, "I'm not patient."

The girl smiled, putting the rob back in the pocket. Her gaze softened as she approached Bucky, her arms going over his shoulders into a hug. "What's this for?" He asked, kissing her cheek.

"Well I'm kind of freaking out right now, and I figured a hug would help." Bailey said, feeling Bucky's arms snake around her waist and pulling her close.

"Why?"

"Because colonel Phillips said he wants me to actually fight when we are there." She said, spotting something new in her box. "What the.."

As she let go of the hug, she walked over to the box and lifted a new item.

Figured you'd need this, no returns.
-Peggy

The note said, taped to a pistol. Bailey sighed, holding the surprisingly heavy item in her hands. "I cant believe her." She laughed. "Mamas got a gun now, nobody is safe."

Bucky laughed, taking the gun from her and putting it back in the box. "You even know how to shoot one of those?" He asked, standing behind her and hugging her.

"I'll figure it out." She said, "I'll just have to learn something new every day."

"Oh gosh."