×3×

"Oi new girl, I have a job for you." A servant spoke signalling the other to come over, "You need to take this to the East section. There you will find a large white door. Do not enter and do not knock. You are to leave this meal untouched before it. Do you understand?"

Georgie was the new girl's name and she nodded and took the dinner plate handed to her leaving soon after. This would be her last task for the night. She had only begun working for the Count Alvore just days ago in desperate need of a job. So far, the Alvore family were pretty much as she expected although she glad hardly seen them.

The other servants tended to gossip about how scary the Count could be due to his cold emotionless demeanour and one or two things about the other members particularly of the spoilt Miss Sibyl.

There was something else Georgie had heard about, but it was very hushed and not spoken of often. There was someone else living on the estate, in the east section of the mansion to be exact.

It was someone horrible, a freak of nature who had badly hurt on of the members of the Count's immediate family. No one knew why this person was allowed to live in the main house. Not much was known about anything.

There were no older servants left who knew exactly who resided there as the servants constantly changed through the years. The only thing that was known was that whoever lived there was a total monster of a person with a bitter personality.

When Georgie reached her destination, she noticed that the door was slightly ajar. There was a faint flicker of light shining through it.

She stood very still trying to listen to see if she could hear anything. There was nothing. Not a single sound to be heard.

Unfortunately, Georgie was a very curious person, to curious for her own good. Her curiosity tended to get her into a lot of trouble, but she could not help it. It was like an itch that desperately needed to be scratched.

She eyed the gap in the door. Every part of her kept telling her not to do it but she could not resist. She decided just to take a small peek through it.

She was disappointed just to see a small hallway with two doors. Both were shut but light seeped through the gaps around the one. Georgie was now even more curious.

She looked at the plate of food in her hands then back at the door. An idea came mind. If she were caught, she could use the excuse that she was only there to deliver the meal and that she did not know that she was not to enter since she is new, but she only intended on taking a small peek nothing more, she did not want to be caught.

Taking a deep breath, she quietly pushed the door open enough to slip through. She kept her movements as quiet as possible and made her way to the next door.

She bent down to look through the keyhole but could not see much only some furniture in a dimly lit room. George's curiosity was not satisfied at all. So, she slowly pushed down the handle and pushed the door open a tiny bit. Unfortunately, the door made a loud creak.

Erica who sat at her dressing table quietly braiding her long hair for the night nearly died of fright. She shot round to face the door quicker than the blink of an eye.

Georgie whose position was now given away chose to accept it and use her planned excuse, so she pushed the door open entirely. She was shocked to find the startled eyes of a beautiful girl before her.

Erica was panicking. She did not know how to react in this situation.

"My sincerest apologies Miss. I am new here. I did not mean to startle you, but I am here to deliver you your dinner." Georgie put on a soft voice as she too was panicking. She lifted the plate slightly to show Erica.