{C}The Forest

"What do you mean there's no way to track them? They literally live inside a mountain." R/N started in disbelief at both D/N and L/N.

"That's the thing... the mountain moves," the Deer Chuckled nervously

"What do you mean, 'the mountain moves'?! That makes no sense" the fox shouted.

"Za, taivshir." L/N put her hands up in defence, "the place moves on magic all around the outskirts and wastelands, places no one would find nor expect it."

"Do we know who Umi hired to make the Facility move like that?" M/N poked in on the conversation.

"Yeah, herself." D/N groaned out, feeling her lower body go numb from the amount of time she sat on the saddle.

"Is there anything else we need to know about her?"

"Umi Katou. Age, unknown. Mystic power, Unstoppable Advance, basically she can move anything as long as her will isn't broken, and it hasn't been broken yet," the spider said in a fake announcer voice. "The most notable thing about her is the number of people she's fooled with her damned facade and got killed for it."

"OK what about her court, we each know at least one of them on a personal level," M/N

"Uh, well, I mostly dealt with Ino Onigami. He oversaw all advances in the mines. Umm, he's head of all the technological stuff. He's a polar bear mutant. He really just looks like a centaur, but like, with a bear instead of a horse. No one really knows his mystic power, only that he hasn't lost a battle yet" R/N sighed, leaning into the youngest's back.

"Oh I had the pleasure of Val Chisuke, bat shit crazy might I add. Head of weaponry and the definition of anger issues, and that's coming from me," D/N threw her hands up in the air, "she's a Honey Badger mutant and it shows. Her mystic power is 'Unworthy Dagger', basically she can manifest this stupid dagger that can only hurt people that aren't worthy of fighting her... that's a lot of people."

The three turn to face L/N as she hangs on to the tail of the running mutant Snake they rode. "Chalko Vam, head of de-FENCE WHOA!" she was tossed into the air before D/N caught her in a sticky plethora of webs. As she was put in a more secure spot, L/N held her chest and let out a shaky breath. "I hate riding this damned thing. Anyways, Vam, he's head of defence, rabbit mutant. Mystic power is called 'Swordsman', he can make any sword, any size, any amount. Only thing I've noticed when sparring with him is that the bigger the sword or the more swords he makes, the less stamina he has."

They all turn to see M/N starring head on, seemingly trying to avoid the subject.

"Come on M/N, what do you know about Nakahi?" R/N poked her back.

"You guys have met him a bunch of times. I... I don't think there's a reason for me to talk about him." the multi-mutant gripped the front of the saddle, Kōun'na looked up at her contorting face, anger and sadness starting to look more present.

"Well do you know anything ab--" L/N was rudely interrupted mid-sentence.

"Oh my gosh look at that!" M/N frantically pointed to a thick forest on the other side of a rough river.

"Wow," dragged out L/N, "it's a forest. Now as I was say--"

"We should go there! Yeah?" M/N said, still trying to avoid the subject.

"Sure, It is away from the outskirts, that way we can make sure that Umi can't find us." R/N shrugged.

"Wait, what are we do-ING HOLY SHIT" D/N screamed as Hebi jumped into the running water, getting everyone wet. "I hate you all," the spider frowned, pushing her soaked hair out of her face.

"We love you, too!" R/N shakes the water off of her fur.

A sour look was left on L/N, but she didn't try to bring up Nakahi once more, knowing full well that she'll only get ignored again. She sighed, running her hand through her moist hair with a big lean on to D/N's shoulder.

The water rushed past Hebi as he swam against the waves. It was cold, freezing even. It made getting to the other side of the river even more difficult, as Hebi's legs were starting to become stiff and numb. When his claws finally felt the ground, he had no hesitations as he ran through the lowering waters to get to the edge of the forest. The girls quickly jump off of Hebi's back, grabbing Kōun'na and Blu with them just before the giant mutant shook off all of the cold excess water.

M/N blocked both herself and Kōun'na from the spray of river water with her hat while the others stood, more soaked than before. D/N huffed in frustration as she began to ring out her hair.

"This place is huge," R/N said as she stared into the deep, dark forest. Sound of agitated and hungry animals were the only other sound next to the sound of dying and wounded creatures.

"Are you sure we should be here, there has to be another, more safe, island we can stay on," L/N looked at the others, worried in her eyes.

"No actually, if some of my information I got from that restaurant a ways back, everyone said that there's this forest and it is the only island in the entirety of the hidden city that people don't live on. It's the safest option right now... even if it might not seem like it," D/N butted in.

"OK then, shall we?" The fox started to push L/N forward.

"We shall," D/N laughed out, strutting through a dark opening in the trees before being followed by her friends. Sighing, M/N pulled Hebi along with her as she ducked under some of the branches, both Blu and Kōun'na in her other arm.

word count: 1026