PART 30

"YOU will be fine , Draco", She said softly , as they pulled away from their tight embrace

"YOU will be fine , Draco", She said softly , as they pulled away from their tight embrace. "Everything will be okay." He looked down to see the same white feline , with the haunting blue eyes , rubbing against Evanna's legs. Somehow , he always saw the cat when they parted for the summer. In all honesty , he dreaded having to spend a minute away from her - but he had no other alternative. His only comfort was that she had promised him a visit.

"I hope so", He muttered , before clearing his throat - and looking her straight in the eye , saying ,"Thank you for helping me out that day , I really shouldn't have bothered you."

She simply smiled , and shook her head - titling her head to kiss his cheek. And when she pulled away , watching him blush from the roots of his hair to the tips of his pallid fingers - she let out the most melodic laugh the boy with stardust hair had ever heard.

His hand crept out towards hers , and he held it gently - yet in a firm grasp. Rubbing soothing circles across her palm , he listened as she said ,"You will be completely fine. Besides , we will meet this summer , right ?"

"Please do come Evanna , I can't survive in that house alone", He said , not meeting her eyes. She gave him a nod , and a last saccharine smile - before melting into the crowd.

"I'll miss you terribly", He whispered , words disappearing into the chatter of the throng that crowded the station at Hogsmeade.

                                                              ________________________

Melanoid darkness filled the cracks within the arching walls of the Malfoy Manor , a chandelier of crystalline raindrops drooping down from the inky darkness - the corners of the vast room embellished by porcelain vases , and withering flowers that could hardly any colour to the obsidian room. She drew in a deep breath.

This is for him.

Taking on the mark before her scheduled time on her seventeenth birthday would delay her plans - but she knew what she was doing , flames of determination ablaze in her eyes. Chaos brewed in her soul , her mind recklessly adding embers to her carelessness. Walking in through the arching , heavy gilded gold doors - she seated herself next to a familiar lady. Her raven curls were askew , streaks of mercury scintillating in the dim light - her plump , carmine lips were irritated and her eyes glinted with bloodlust.

Bellatrix Lestrange , of course.

The deranged woman's hand rested on Evanna's thigh - raggedly cut nails coated with dust as dark as coal , digging into the soft flesh of Evanna's skin - where previous , smaller scars already marred her. Streams of cerise flowed through the cuts Bellatrix made , staining her navy blue pants a ghastly shade of obsidian. But Evanna did not squirm , nor did she show any movement. She could not afford to show weakness.

Bellatrix's smile widened , as Evanna seemed hardly bothered by the pain the woman was inflicting upon her - before a rush of cold passed through all those present at the table. A gaunt face , snippets of a voice carried flatteringly by the wind , carmine irises and the slither of a well known snake. Her face reflected in a blurry haze upon the varnished silverware , as she waited in anticipation for what was to come.