PART 16

ONCE upon a time , Evanna Frey had been an alluring angel sent from the depths of heaven. An angel who had pure , porcelain wings ; infinite love for the world she belonged to and a heart yet to be tainted by the seducing calls of the devil.

 Evanna Frey was a winsome hallucination every living soul loathed to be ridden of , and yet feared for her charm. She was , what people would call , a winged gem - and yet , the finest of sinners. For unlike those beautiful creatures with virtuous souls - Evanna's lungs were coated in the onyx ashes of indented , burnt out cigarettes ; pockets filled with pills as pure as ivory ; pale , violet crescents etched onto the skin under her eyes and stygian lined her liver from the amount of alcohol that had passed through her lips. Devils danced in her eyes , and her ambition and greed set her soul ablaze. She was the epitome of the seven deadly sins that conquered each human heart , a devil that took the manifestation of a perfectly harmless girl with blue eyes that no longer held curiousity - but determination ; and chestnut hair that perfectly framed her captivating features. Lies poisoned her lips. 

Purple bruises littered her pearly , delicate skin like rivers of amaranthine - scarlet lips in a small frown as she wandlessly concealed and cured the fresh scars. Her cat nuzzled against her foot , providing her slight warmth as she huddled against the cold wall of her enormous room at the Frey Manor. Her mother had left at the crack of dawn , apparating to Canada for a meeting with other foreign delegates of the Wizengamot.

This recent development had allowed Evanna to crawl back up the wine red carpet that covered the marble staircase , taking the corridor up to her bedroom in the west wing from her previous encampment at the corner of the parlour. After she finished healing the minor wounds , she slowly stumbled towards the bathroom - ignoring the purrs of her white feline.

Lifting her pale green dress  , which had been stained an astonishing shade of emerald by the rivers of blood that had flowed out of her body - she examined the deep gash. The wound she had received a few weeks earlier at the third task had been cut open again - and though the blood had temporarily stopped , Evanna was aware that it wouldn't be long before it caused her pain again.

                                                        _______________________

It was at the strike of midnight that Evanna was aroused from her light sleep. A screech came from the stained glass panes of her bedroom window , and she pushed herself out of the duvets that had smothered her.

Opening the windows and pulling it by it's hinges , Evanna was greeted by the salty sacrilege of the deep Cornish sea , and the sight of a majestic eagle owl. Raising a brow at it , she allowed it to perch upon her arm. It's tawny claws clutched a fine envelope between them , a significant 'M' , marred upon the gold wax seal that coated it's rim.

The owl nuzzled against her cheek , and letting out a soft laugh - the girl petted the nocturnal creature. Gently taking the letter from it's deathly clutches , Evanna then let the owl perch on her bedstead.