Chapter 22 MAE DAY

Start from the beginning

"But he didn't give her up did he."

"Of course he did! I've been her mother for nearly a year and he has only seen her once at the hospital..."

"And once to fornicate with you!" she glared.

"Fornicate! You say that like it is a disease. We had sex, memory loss and now I'm pregnant. I've had similar weekends due to alcohol and partying just without the pregnancy," I replied. She looked disgusted.

"She!" she said pointing to the Suri shaped bump in the bed. "Did this!"

"She is a baby," I replied rolling my eyes.

"She is a little witch," she glared.

I tutted. "Watch your mouth when you talk about my child, and 'she' has a name it's Suri."

"Do you even care what she did?" she asked her nostrils flaring in anger.

"No," I replied.

"Well I am going to tell you any way. That day when she was ill she had been casting," she said and glared at the Suri shaped lump in the bed. "We are not taught magic, it is born within us. She is too young to be spelling and exhausted herself. That was the reason for her fever," she said and Suri clung onto me extra tight. "She spelled the cookies, and made a wish. All she needed was her father to come home. She caused the storm by casting as she kept calling him to her. That is not a power she should have yet and is very dangerous as she can call other things which will take advantage of her."

I could see the seriousness and concern on her face. I had no reply. All cockiness gone.

"She was sent to her room as punishment..."

"Locking the door is imprisonment not punishment," I snapped. "She is 5 years old."

"The locked door is a test to see if she can get out."

"She was crying her heart out and you all ignored her. That is not a test that is torment!"

"She roused you to consciousness to go rescue her. She has only just started crying. You have been out of it for a day and a half, which I apologise for I forgot your frailty in a moment of weakness. However, the issue is still that Suri is casting and that has caused her to drain you and she could even be taking energy from the twins."

My face dropped and my heart stopped.

"Think of how weak you are feeling, and how Willow and Bay have been unwell. They can't fight the urge to help her anymore than you can."

I didn't know what to say as my mind was trying to work out whether the twins and I had been more tired around Suri's illness.

"Suri has been calling her father to her. He has been trying to resist but it is draining him too. So she began calling Stephanie as she knew that he might be with her."

I was astounded.

"They didn't just arrive at your supermarket out of the blue, Suri was summoning her. Stephanie tried to stop it when she realised what was happening, as Suri summoned her to the party so her father could dance with her, but Lee wasn't with there. Stephanie challenged her..."

"Stephanie attacked her, you've seen her face," I snapped.

"No, Stephanie defended herself..."

"Bullshit..."

"I have already told you that things can attach themselves to power and especially a new one. Suri was attracting something she shouldn't and it attached itself to her. You may think she is speaking to herself or her toys when playing but she is not. Stephanie fought it off and yes she may have done it to win favour with Lee and Suri was injured in the process but that is nothing compared to the damage that would have been caused should she have left the child open. When she ran from there, she wasn't afraid of you, it was of the things you do not see with human eyes and she was chased from there. That is why she faked her demise, she drew it to a physically similar being and it took hold. She didn't expect it to go after Lee to spite her for tricking it but it did so out of anger as Suri was not able to fight Stephanie off and it knew she would tell Lee. For that we should be grateful and it will hunt for Suri again which is why Lee told you to run. You cannot return to that house."