Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stormed away from Thaddeus and walked into the pack house, up to his room slamming the door shut and locking it knowing that he'd just break it down anyway. 

"Scarlett, stop acting like a child," Thaddeus growled from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes, I'm the child? 

"Scarlett, open the door," he growled again. 

"Did I hear the fucking magic word?" I asked him through the door. I heard him grunt as I let out a small, sarcastic giggle. 

"Scarlett, would you please unlock the door?" he said sarcastically. I tiptoed to the closet and stuck my head out. 

"Hmm, let me think about that...nope," I replied looking around the room. A new glass window replaced the same one I had been taken out of a week ago. I laid on the bed, which was neatly made, looking at the boring black ceiling wanting to paint over it.

The door smashed open, knocking the door off its hinges. Jesus, this guy goes through doors like a freaking wrecking ball. 

I didn't move and continued to look up at the ceiling. "Scarlett, this isn't funny," he warned. "You're being extremely anti-social," he stated.

"I'm not anti-social... I just don't like you," I replied, my gaze remaining on the ceiling as I spoke without emotion. Then, he left.

I lay in that bed for what seemed like weeks. Weight was lost, hope-drained, and Thaddeus' voice seemed to be something pestering and aggressive each time he tried to make me move.

Then, one day, exactly one week from Jason's funeral.

 "We have a visitor." I remained in the same position, before hearing Thaddeus whisper, "It's Beta Carter."

Carter.

I sat up immediately, running to the front door frantically, my knees wobbling, legs shaking. My hair was a knotted mess, as I was still in the white hospital gown.

"Carter," I said, out of breath, once I saw his familiar tall frame and ran towards him. Only to find a large hand snake around my waist and pull me back. 

"Scarlett, don't speak to him."

"He's my brother!" I tried to yell and run towards him again. But instead, two of Thaddeus' guards stood in my way. 

"Bring her to my room, she's cured," he ordered them. 

"Fine. I'll just make out with all these guys in your room," I said confidently. "Plus, I will never speak to you again if I cannot speak with him or even hug him." The guards stopped dead in their tracks, looking at Thaddeus as he growled at me. His eyes boring into mine. 

"You wouldn't," he spoke, his eyes never leaving mine. With my eyes on his, I turned to the guy next to me and kissed him. 

I heard a strong growl as Thaddeus charged the guy who looked like he was going to shit himself. I took this distraction and ran to Carter who welcomed my hug and embraced me. 

"Carter, I missed you so much," I spoke my voice shaking and feeling like an absolute bitch for doing that to an innocent man. He chuckled and separated from the hug.

"Same old Scarlett. Nice stunt you pulled by the way," he said chuckling.

"Well, he seems to be extremely occupied," I said and looked at my ruthless mate who was holding the guard by his collar and whispering something in his ear. 

"Scarlett, I came to bring you back home," Carter said turning me to face him. 

"This is her home," Thaddeus said as he yanked me behind him.