Chapter 37: The Cries of the People

Start from the beginning

"You're right. This could be disastrous," whispered Troy.

"I'm guessing, like Pyro, Arion has access to the den and might one day come face to face with him," said Shark.

How explosive would such a situation be? A brawl might break out between thunder and fire.

Pyro walked over to the two and they seized their conversation.

They thanked, what looked like a father and son duo for the meal and commenced eating, slurping up the stew placed in front of them.

Pyro blushed at the compliments and praises thrown his way. After they finished, Chi-taki cleared the table and began washing the dishes, leaving Pyro to mingle.

"So, where are the two of you really from?" asked Pyro, still obsessed with the unanswered question.

Shark and Troy gazed at Chi-taki who was electrocuting his dishes dry with jolts from his enormous fingernails. They were asking him for his approval.

"I don't believe the answer is on Chi-taki's face," said Pyro, observing them carefully.

"Tell him," responded Chi-taki. "I have raised Pyro since he was a babe and I know he can be trusted."

The two took turns describing to Pyro where they were truly from and all the ordeals and obstacles they had to endure in his world until they ended up safely into Chi-taki's den.

Pyro was absorbing it all but in disbelief. It all sounded impossible, implausible. All his life he had heard of the tale of the other world, Earth, the Lost Kingdom of Man but as he matured, he was told it was just a youngling's fable.

It was told only to frighten those in order to prevent them from misbehaving. He gazed at Chi-taki for reassurance and could see his green eyes telling him to accept it all. But it was still a big ice ball to swallow, the Lost Kingdom of Man, Earth, was real.

"It is all true Pyro," replied Chi-taki, hanging the dry plates on the hovering racks.

"If it's all true, then why didn't you tell me as I grew older? Why did you keep it a secret?" demanded Pyro.

"I have my reasons," replied Chi-taki, his eyes sternly fixed on Pyro, like a parent to about to scold. "First, I had to use it as a way of keeping you in line when you were a youngling. It was the only thing you feared as a youngster, being sent away there."

Pyro smiled and looked at the two and said, "I was somewhat of a troublemaker."

"Somewhat!" objected Chi-taki, revealing his son's fib. "Somewhat, try again."

"Okay, so I was the king, but that still doesn't explain why you kept it a secret as I matured," countered Pyro.

"Again, I have my reasons. I did not think it was time for you to know until you were a little older and able to truly deal with the matter," answered Chi-taki.

"Excuses, excuses," muttered Pyro and he looked over at Chi-taki out of the side of his eyes.

"The two of you must be somewhat strong if you learned your Rudiments so fast. It takes years for the truly strong to learn, yet the two of you learnt it in a day and held your ground against the notorious Ruincrucian Panthora at that too."

"Well, we've always been strong and I guess this world has brought out the best in us, so far," replied Shark with pride.

It was the only decent piece of thing he had left. Everything else was ripped away by Pyro's world.

Pyro continued on with his questioning. There was so much more he needed to know, now that half the things he thought were fables and tales were all real and just hidden in youngling stories.